Monday, January 2, 2012

THREE!

This little guy turned THREE on Christmas Eve.
I had quite a bit of help this year getting his party ready.
Thank you so much Grammy and Mema!
I am most certain it would not have gone well if I was in charge!
I pretty much just frosted some cupcakes.
There were very lovely though :)

At three years old, Tripp, you are an absolute wild and crazy joy to each one of us.
We sit flabbergasted at times watching what you do.
I guess it's just the difference between boys and girls.
You have managed to climb on every single thing inside and outside the house since you started walking.
Nothing is safe.

You are a busy little guy.
You love being outside and helping your Papa.
You have started to love watching Dad work and have pretend tools to fix everything in the house just like him.
I love seeing you be such a big helper and looking up to your daddy.

You are getting quite the independent personality.
You were quiet for so long, it's still startling when you say no, disagree, or have your own idea about doing things.
You've had to learn fast to say what you want though or else Ellie will decide for you :)

You're favorite movie is Bambi.
You're favorite color is orange.
You are incredibly particular about your clothes and shoes.
We have to persuade you to wear anything other than your pajamas and papa boots.
Things like "Papa has shoes like this too" and "You look so big just like Daddy" still seem to do the trick and you leave the room feeling pretty awesome about your look!

You love playing with your animals...particularly cows, lions, and tigers. 
Anything having to do with cows is a huge thrill...seeing them out the window, at papa's house, little plastic ones.
They make his day.

You eat a lot.
All the time.
You aren't picky.
That's nice.
You love it when we say you are doing a good job, you are so big, big, or you are so strong.
You usually say "yest...I am so big, big."

You are a lot like your daddy.
It's so fun to see you grow up and see how much you've already changed.
You are SO tenderhearted.
You still crumple and tend to cry if we discipline you too harshly.
I'm working on trying to treat you more like a big boy and less like a baby.
It's extra hard when you cuddle, hold my hand so sweetly, and look at me with those big eyes while I'm trying to discipline you.

You love your big sis so very much.
You honestly can't go even a day without seeing her.
Very sweet!
I love the way you talk.
We waited forever for you to start talking.
Now you do A LOT of it.
You still mix up words, say such cute things, and repeat things a lot.
My favorites are "I wuv you" "I so big, big" and how you usually put a "t" at the end of your words like "yest."

Things we're working on as a big three year old...listening the first time we say something, staying in bed at night, and not saying "NO" to mom and dad.
What a list!

You melt our heart little boy.
Are are getting so big and we love you!
Happy Birthday Tripperton!

0 comments: