I could hardly sleep for more than an hour at a time Wednesday night.
My brain couldn't shut off and I spent most of the night staring at the clock.
FINALLY, it was time to get ready to head to the hospital!
So many things were going through my head...
new hospital, new doctor, stuffing breakfast down my throat while trying to remember if I was allowed to even have breakfast, excitement, worry...all those normal things :)
The IV was started, paperwork was filled out...
then we waited.
And spent time saying hello to these two cuties who were excitedly waiting for a baby brother.
My past labors were REALLY long.
Ellie, 15 hours, Tripp, 17 hours.
So that's what we were prepared for.
We're really bad at documenting things...so that means no gushy minute by minute stories.
Sorry :)
But, I can tell you my wonderful doctor broke my water sometime during the day,
I tried to have the pain tolerance of an awesome non-medicated pregnancy goddess...
which lasted about 2 hours at the most (but in my defense, after they break your water, it's much more painful),
got my epidural and became a much more happy medicated non-goddess pregnant lady.
I'm ok with that.
We settled in for what we thought would be at least another 10 hours before our new little baby made an appearance.
I freaked out about last minute girl names, just in case.
Matt went to get lunch.
I tried to take a nap, but was ginormously uncomfortable, even with my happy medicine.
They finally checked me about the time Matt came back from lunch and I had gone from a 2 to ready to push in about 30 minutes.
I mentally freaked out again thinking this was quite a short labor and I wasn't quite sure I was ready yet.
9 hours instead of 17?
I was all prepared for a midnight baby...not a middle of the afternoon baby!
Me and my plans... :)
So, with the crazy huge ceiling headlight in place, all ready to push, with the nurses garbed up and ready to catch anything...or lovingly rub my thigh which I was very perturbed at with an incredible passion but couldn't get up the nerve to tell her to stop, we waited for about 30 minutes for the doctor to get off the phone.
I hope it was a very important conversation, 'cause I was about 2 minutes away from starting without him.
Two pushes later we met this little guy.
We saw the color of his hair, got a little confused, and fell madly in love.
{Thankfully it was a boy and we didn't have to use any of my awesome last minute girl name ideas!}
After a little special time alone, it was time to meet the rest of his family!
And ever since, he has been one loved on little guy!
The rest of Thursday was spent chatting with friends and family and showing off little Webb.
It was so fun to be close to family and friends this time!
By Friday afternoon, we were ready to go home.
Matt's not much of a hospital person.
I think if he would stay too long in one, he might possibly have to be admitted.
After a few more hours of waiting, we were finally off around 9:30!
The nurse who walked us out said she had never dismissed anyone after hours.
Oops.
We didn't care too much though.
We wanted to go home.
At home, I swaddled my new little baby, took a million pictures of him sleeping, got all cozy in my bed, and settled in for a sleepless night full of feeding, diaper changes, and cuddles.













4 comments:
Rachel...You're a GREAT writer. That "birthing Webb" experience was funny to read. AND, I too would NOT have liked my thigh rubbed in the middle of labor :(
Ha ha! Great story! I would have been a little upset about the nurse rubbing my leg also. You look great! Congratulations!
I wish I was there to love on him!! He is too precious!! I already miss all those baby snuggles. Hope you get "rest" when you can with three littles--hugs!!
so sweet! and for the breakfast info-nope you're not supposed to eat, but i didn't listen. lol
Post a Comment