Friday, January 29, 2010

THOSE PANTS ARE WAY TOO BIG!

Matt isn't a huge fan of birthdays or receiving gifts.
I don't know why...it's weird.
He never really asks for anything for Christmas...except ginormous gifts guys always ask for--a truck, a new tool that's a million dollars! The usual...
But this Christmas, he asked for something!!!
All he asked for were sweat pants that didn't have elastic on the bottom.
Neat! I was pretty excited!!
I told my mom, and we went shopping to get the best sweat pants a guy could ever ask for.
TJ MAXX is always a winner.
They were even having a sale.
So we bought three pairs of might-I-say name-brand sweat pants!! Woo!
These are not your average Walmart pair.
This one pair was a little big, but they were SO soft and comfy looking.
And they had a drawstring...it's not like you can't just tighten 'em up a little bit.

So Christmas came.
I was pretty excited.
Matt opened his sweat pants box and was pretty excited.
(As excited as you can get over sweat pants!)
Then he saw the size on my comfy, soft pair.

"Hmmm...well these look like they're gonna be a bit big, Rachel."
"Are you sure? Can't you just tighten them? Look how comfy they are!"

Then he put them on...very huge.
Bummer.
So then we all jumped in.

That's what normal families do when their pants are too big, right?

6 comments:

Olivia said...

hilarious! Love it!

Amy said...

Love it! I'm intrigued by Ellie in the last picture though. It looks like she is just suspended in the air. Is Matt's hand really all that's holding her up?!

Jen Ekeland said...

I LOVE it Rachel. Your pictures made me laugh out loud! so cute!

The Sieberts said...

that is SO FUNNY!!!!!!

Momma H said...

You guys are about as nuts as the Pankratz'! Love it. Good fun.

Julie said...

This was so funny. I needed to laugh today and this definitely did it! :) Loved this post.