Thursday, January 7, 2010

grumpy

Oh I hate technology...always and forever...

I've been pretty grumpy at my current state of technology.
IT DOESN'T WORK!!!
Yeah-that's what I think is a problem!
And definitely grumpy worthy!

And I am also not a big fan of the bills for these "wonderful" things.
I don't mind paying for electricity...gas...water.
Who doesn't like indoor plumbing?
And I really enjoy being warm inside.
And being able to do laundry.
So..I'm pretty grateful for those bills.

But I HATE feeling swindled into something.
Like our INTERNET SERVICE!!!

I know that I'm using it right now to tell you how much I hate it, but honestly. It's not good. Don't take it's side. You're my friend...I know where you live.

Ok-so anyways...really slow internet.
I called the service to tell them it wasn't fast enough for what we were paying.
I was really mad. Matt had already been on the phone with them for a LONG time the day before. And I was ready to tell them a piece of my mind.
So I got my bad-bottom self on and told the lady in a stern voice that I didn't want to put up with this kind of service.
She kindly told me she would redirect my call to the right department. Great....
So then I told the next person the same story. He gave me false apologies for service he probably doesn't even have himself...'cause it's that bad.
So after an hour...nothing.
He had me get on the internet to find different sites to tell me how fast my upload and download speeds were.
Not fast...DUH!!
The upload speed test never even came up...'cause it's too slow!
He said that might be an issue and he would send someone out at the next available appointment.
And...since it's within the 90 day period...there will be no additional fee.
Woohoo for me.

Why would there be an additional fee? Oh right...there's an additional fee for EVERYTHING!!!
And...I found out I can't switch services for 18 months! Do you know how long that is?! Tripp will be like almost 3. Ya-a long time!!!
The lady I talked to said it was 6 months...which I could live with...but somehow that turned into 18 months!


Very grumpy...not enjoying my internet.
Very mad.
I want to throw something at it...but I can't 'cause its invisible and I would just hurt my new computer, and I like it.
And that makes me more mad. Grrr...you evil internet.

So...moral of the story...
If someone you know is grumpy...it's probably because they have WildBlue internet through DISH Network.
Oh how I miss Cox. Always and forever...

5 comments:

Melissa Jensen said...

your so funny!!! You had me just laughing, but I DO UNDERSTAND your pain!!! and for what it is worth I am sorry about your internet!!

We had DISH for TV and it was HORRENDOUS!! We could not wait to end our 18 months. Their customer service dept STINKS and they could really care less about our problems!!

The Sieberts said...

i don't know you terribly well but i just can't see you get mad! hehe.
i wish i could give you some of my speed... :)

Country Girl said...

I definitely understand!! We still pay for dial-up. People shouldn't have to pay for dial-up=) Haha! But we are supposed to be getting some internet from out of Elbing here a week or so! I am super excited!

Olivia said...

Rachel..I know you are grumpy, but you gave me a great laugh...just keep calling...always and forever...so sorry about this!!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

When we lived in the country for 6 months (waiting for our house to be built) we had dial up. I KNOW what you are going through. It was AWFUL! I wanted to bust up the computer too. When Paul wrote "Rejoice in ALL things", they didn't have dial up, right?