Monday, January 4, 2010

Baby Mac is here!


Meet Levi Jerald
Born January 2, 2010 at 1:31 p.m.
8 pounds 8 ounces


As you can tell, he's been loved on by us all! He is such a blessing.

I know Jess and Joel can express it much better, and I'm sure they will post lots more about their sweet little bundle!

It is definitely a time of many mixed emotions. It is such a blessing to have Levi here, and see Jess and Joel holding a baby again. Part of me is overjoyed and I feel a sense of relief, like I can finally breathe a little easier.

But there is still a hole. Cora is missing. That isn't diminished because of Levi. It only shows itself in new different ways. The joy of bringing a baby home but with no older sister to meet. The sense that people think you're healed now. I can only speak for myself and what I see, but I don't think it works that way. Maybe that's pretty obvious. There's this twinge of hope...maybe things will be better now and be "normal." But how can they? Cora is still gone. Levi is here...and that begins a new journey.
A new journey towards healing.
I think holding Levi and seeing Jess and Joel together as a family again helped heal everyone in a way.

God is so good!
Reading Jess and Joel's blog and hearing how they have leaned on Him through every step of this journey has helped us all. He has held their hand through this.
Levi is a gift from God...and He will hold their hand through this too.
People always smile down at new baby bundles and say things like what a precious baby...what a blessing!
Well, Levi is an amazing blessing that will continue to heal our broken hearts. One cuddle and dirty diaper at a time.


1 comments:

The Sieberts said...

thanks for speaking what we all feel. I am so happy for them and the start of a new journey-they deserve it! :)