
Ellie is full of questions.
She loves to talk.
All the time.
A lot of it is just ramblings...and very funny.
Lately, they have been so deep.
Some I even struggle how to explain to her.
How do we get to heaven?
Can I take my special valentine from Ava with me?
Why did Cora's body stay at church if she is in heaven?
Do I get to take my skin with me?
I really want to see Cora and Baby Moseph (Moses).
I miss them so much.
Why did Jesus die?
Those soldiers were mean to him.
He should kick them.
Naughty soldiers.
Will you hold my hand when we go there?
I might be scared.
So many questions.
And these were all at once during one bedtime story.
I tried to give the right answers.
I think it's hard to give the right amount of information so it doesn't just go right over their head.
So my answers...
No you can't take your skin with you, or the valentine's card.
Jesus gives you a new special body when we get to heaven, and he lets us keep your old body so we can remember you.
Yes you can see Cora and Baby Moseph (I've also informed Ellie that Moses grew up and didn't die in the basket as a baby...but she doesn't believe me).
They will be so excited to see you.
And I would love to hold your hand when we're in heaven.
Jesus died so that we could go to heaven and see him and be with him forever.
And he is very special because after he died, he came back to life again.
He went back to heaven so he can be there when we go to heaven.
She was really interested.
And she asked how we can get to heaven.
All I could think was holy cow...this is it.
Is she old enough to know and remember asking Jesus into her heart?
I was three, but it seems so little.
So I told her how we can know we will go to heaven.
You ask Jesus into your heart and to forgive your sins, and obey him and follow him.
And then we can go to heaven when we die and be with him forever.
Her answer...
That's silly mom...giggle...giggle...giggle.
Then we are like the sheep?
.jpg)
"Yeah-then we are like the sheep."
She sure is full of questions.
Such big questions.
She's seen a lot of hurt for being so little and it has impacted her more than I thought it would.
It's hard.
I want to shield her from seeing such pain.
But sometimes it's good.
She tells me a lot she wants to see Jesus.
She can't wait to play with Cora again, and tells me all the time how fun it will be.
I love that she's so excited to be in heaven.
That's what it's supposed to be like.
What child-like faith.
She is such a blessing to her momma and daddy!
.jpg)

2 comments:
With both her and Oliver talking about it, makes me wonder if it was mentioned in Sunday School. Both Josh and Jill accepted Christ at age 4 and they know it was so real to them. Not too young!
Ava asks so many questions too and i always bring up the process of salvation (in her terms), but when i think she might want to say the prayer, she goes in a different direction. It's hard not to push because i want her to make that decision all on her own. The good thing is, is that i know with all of those questions, she eventually will understand. Its hard to be patient though because we want to know our child is going to Heaven.
Post a Comment