Ellie is incredibly active, and lately, incredibly crafty.
I've been trying to do an activity with her each day.
It was going pretty good until we all got sick.
Now we have to try to get back into the swing of things.
My mom always cooked with me when I was little.
I remember it was so fun.
But now that I'm the mom...
It's really hard!
Ellie wants to be such a helper, but all I tend to see is the HUGE mess
and the crazy looking lasagna with a handprint in it that we're supposed to eat,
or the brownies she just sneezed in.
The germs cook away, right?!
So...
For one of our first activities, I decided we'd make cupcakes.
Ellie's way.
I thought it would be a growing experience for us both.
It was.


Can you guess what her favorite part was?
She loves sprinkles so much, they are even one of her very special snacks!
They're very filling.

And what was I doing?
"Breathe, Rachel, Breathe...yes cupcakes are supposed to have that many sprinkles!"


And while Ellie sprinkled away, Tripp sat on the floor.
Very angry.
Very jealous.
He wasn't eating the scrumptious sprinkles and no one was holding him.
It was Ellie's time.
So like any good mom would do, I took a picture of my very jealous, very hungry baby.

Sprinkle time was over.
She was so proud!
They did look very pretty.

Then we sang Happy Birthday.
'Cause that's what you do when you make cupcakes.

And Then...
She ate the tops off.
It's the best part.
You should try it.
And you can give the bottoms to your very jealous, very hungry baby.
It was a good activity.
No one yelled.
I still managed to eat a few...
Even if she did sneeze on them.
And I'm just fine.
She loved it so much.
She thought they were the most beautiful cupcakes ever.
And I love that she had fun.

2 comments:
I believe germs do cook away, but don't quote me on that :)
I have been a "lurker" of your blog for a LONG time now!!!!! She is SO cute...glad you all had a good day:)
Post a Comment