Thursday, February 4, 2010

Jup

Jup is my pretty amazing, awesome little brother.
Some people call him Jacob or Jake, but I prefer Jup.
My sister couldn't say Jacob, so she said Jup...and it stuck!

He is kind of quiet and internal.
He's really funny.
He makes me laugh a lot!
I really like talking to him.

He's really fun to hang out with.
He even goes shopping with me...who doesn't like that?!
And he's good at matching things and knowing what's in style...very helpful!
He has a cool car too.

We are four years apart.
When we were little, we hung out together all the time.
I was home-schooled, so we were home together all day.
I guess we were kind of like little best friend siblings!
We played outside making tree forts, putting st
icks in giant ant hills....seriously, they were more like ant mountains! Ucky.
A few times, we even made little carriers for our kitties so we could run around with them strapped to us! It was very handy.

And now that we're older, I guess the closeness kinda stuck.
We still enjoy each other.
We have fun together.

And now, my little brother is a senior.

I love living here again and knowing more of the daily things that go on with my family.
It's fun to not just call and get updates...I can actually be involved a little bit more!
And because of that, I was able to take his senior pictures.

I'm not exactly what you would call a professional.
When my brother asked if I would take them, his com
ment was...

"Could you take my senior pictures? I just don't really care how they look or how good they are, so I thought you could take them."

Ahhh. Doesn't that just melt your heart?!

I was nervous though. I don't know any photography tricks.
I just really like pictures.
And his faith in my skills was not very comforting.
But I was determined to have him like them.
There just had to be a few good ones in the hundreds I took, right?
And at the very least, they would be unique.

So...off we went!
It was really fun.
We got to talk.
We found old dirt roads and bridges
and even a train yard! He LOVED trains when he was little.
And we got to go to oldtown.
I really like it there.

I think he liked them.
And it was fun to practice some more.

Here's some of my favorite ones.


And this...

was his all time favorite picture.
Out of all the ones we took!
I don't get it.
But I'm glad he likes it!

I love you Jup!
Thanks for letting me do your pictures!

10 comments:

Walquist said...

Rachel! These turned out AWESOME! You were so modest at New Years... what a wonderful job you did!

The Sieberts said...

i love the first and last one. great job!

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Oh Rachel -- you did such a great job! And, that's totally cool that your younger brother asked you, his older sister, to take his Sr. pics.

Melissa Jensen said...

I think you did an amazing job too!! Way to go!!! Give yourself a lot of credit!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am a stalker from the Macs blog :)Love the new blog look!

Great pictures..Pretty amazing that your younger brother asked his older sister to take his senior pictures..says a lot about his sistet doesnt' it..:)

Amanda said...

yeah, cute new look to your blog - did you do it??

You took awesome pictures - way to go! You're good!

Carla said...

Another stalker here from the Macs :-) Love your new layout. They are great pics of a great brother :-) Its lovely to live near family, my husband and I decided to move a few years ago and it was the best thing we ever did (my little girl especially would agree!!) Its a great thing to be able to write so lovingly about your little bro, I hope all of our children are able to do the same in the future. Keep blogging!!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

So grown up! I still think of you often as those little kids next door. Loved babysitting you guys when your folks were out of town! We love your family!! and so proud of you all! You did great pictures!!

the barrons said...

Okay Rachel I need you to come over and help me with this blogging, I'm going crazy!!!!!!!!