Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ellie Says

Ellie is one crafty little lady.
She asks to do something craft related multiple times a day.
Her favorite thing to do is make books.
Complete with colorful pages of fairies, ladybugs, and trees.
She'll glue them all together, and then we'll spend time reading them at naptime and bedtime.
Then they go into the special treasure box under her bed.
{She might have a slight hoarding problem...I finally just gave up trying to explain to her what is actually considered a treasure. Maybe junk mail and random purple strings she finds on the floor are treasures!}
So along with her wonderful imagination for fairy stories, she loves writing songs/poems/prayers to God.
She keeps them all and sings them, makes up dances for them, and loves to have them read back to her.

Here's her latest little song:

God is courage.
God is courage as deep in your heart.
He's savior Lord.
He died for us.
You are my special God.
I will always listen to you.
I will pray to save me to help me live for you.
You are special to us. Each time, all the time--even when you're watching over us all the time.
I love you, God.
You're my special one and I live for you.

I am astonished at her child-like faith!
The words that come out of her mouth challenge me.
They make my heart melt.
They make me so proud and so grateful.
I know we have spent countless hours worrying if we're parenting right, saying enough about God, showing her enough, loving her enough.
And then she goes and says things that just blow me away!
My prayer is that she continues to live for God, to hide those words deep in her heart.
I am so grateful that God has given her such a tender heart for himself and those around her.



1 comments:

Melissa Jensen said...

That is AWE-MAZING!!! How precious!! That brought tears to my eyes to read a Little girls faith and love for the Lord!