Wednesday, October 12, 2011

momma's bringin' sexy back


Yup.
You read it right. 
I'm bringing sexy back.
You weren't aware?
Well, that's why I thought I'd tell you.
Sexy can be very sneaky sometimes.
I didn't want to catch you off guard with it next time I see you.


You're intrigued?
Or perhaps confused.
You saw me recently and didn't notice a difference?
It's ok...I told you sexy can be very sneaky.
So, if you're wanting a new, slightly more sexy look...go no further.

Just read on...

This pregnancy has not exactly been kind to me.
Not that I expected to go uphill in the looks department, but really...
Are glasses and supportive undergarments something any 24 year old is supposed to look forward to?
The answer is NO!!!
I'm not sure I'm even supposed to be needing this supportive of a bra at my age...much less anything else supportive.
But I'm finding myself wearing both.
I don't even want to know what I'll be wearing when I hit 25.
I'll be the weirdo in the depends isle at walmart.
Oh goodness...please don't stop to say hi.
I'll be hiding from you pretending to get bandaides or something, I can promise you that.
{Thankfully I haven't quite gotten to that point yet!}

I've known for a while that I couldn't see as far as I probably should be seeing.
It was getting really hard to see when I was driving.
You know...things like road signs, when to turn...quite important actually!
I kept slowing down and thinking roads were places there was no road at all to turn into.
I was one of "THOSE" drivers!
Oh my.
So technically, the glasses have nothing to do with the baby, but we're going to say it does.
I do like seeing people now...and words and roads.
Who knew all that was out there.

The supportive undergarments?
We're not even going to go there.
Thankfully, I get to throw them away in about 3 months and hopefully never meet the weirdo contraption again.
And I hopefully won't have to mention anything supportive again until I'm at least 70, right?

So, moral of the story?
Having babies is probably not the best option for trying to look sexier.
Maybe go for plastic surgery.
Or that new fangled thing called exercise.
I'm afraid I might actually have to take up some form of exercise after this.
Oh dear.



But afterwards....when your memory of the last nine months has faded and you've thrown away all your supportive undergarments and zantac, you'll realize it's worth it. 
You'll wonder why their squishiness, wrinkles, and baby zits are so scrumptiously cute, and yours just don't seem to have the same effect.
I don't know why that is, but it's true.


And I've come to the realization that I should start taking family pictures for the goal of capturing us as a family with those lovely little kiddos as the focal point.
And a little less in hoping the picture will miraculously make me look like one sexy momma! 
I might be going slightly downhill {yet very supported} but seeing those silly kiddos is why it matters.
And plus...now's when I start saying things about getting wiser with old age right?
I'm going to be a very, very, very wise old lady!


And I have these little munchkins to thank for it all.
Every little stretch mark, every little gray hair, every little memory made, every little laugh, every little smile and every little cuddle and hug.
They are so very worth it.
I might not get my sexy back, but I'm getting wiser.
Maybe they should make a song about that.



7 comments:

BlogMaster said...

those are some fun pictures! AND you look GREAT!!!!!

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Rachel -- You're hilarious...As we all said yesterday morning (Tuesday), you're a REALLY GOOD writer. Thanks for the chuckle on this post.

This Farm Family's Life said...

Thanks for the laugh! I think you look great and the glasses are cute! I need glasses also, but am in denial.

Natalie said...

you are such a good writer and so funny! :) i LOVE the new glasses!!

Amy said...

I love this post. :)
(and I love your glasses!)

Amy said...

And I'm pretty sure I know the support device you're talking about. I wore one when I was pregnant with Gretchen. Although I was 32... :)

Amanda said...

you're so funny! I laughed when you said 24. Try 30. I can only imagine your posts then.