Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ellie

Little miss Ellie is FULL of life.
And FULL of imagination and questions and emotions.
I have prayed so very many times to understand her more fully.
To love her more deeply.
To be the momma I know she deserves.
And slowly, I can see God working in my heart.
It's incredibly exciting.
The things I have a hard time standing I am starting to see through new eyes of understanding.
Her emotional outbursts are something I try to channel into a new direction instead of smothering and controlling the situation.
And I am truly enjoying my little girl.
Which makes me start crying even just writing it.


She is silly
social
tenderhearted
an incredibly sweet big sister
very real
already loves Jesus with a deep passion
loyal
and so loving...never focusing on anyone's faults.
They're all things I knew, but now I am starting to appreciate so much more.
And it's nothing I can take credit for.
I know I could not have seen her the way I have been without going to Jesus to help me understand her the way he does.
{it's something I've always known and heard my parent's talk about, but am finally experiencing for myself}
Falling to my knees for Jesus' guidance is really the only place to be.



Here's a little story that she wrote with Mema after watching Tarzan for the first time a few weeks ago.
She was so proud of it and her retelling of Tarzan and all his friends.
It's been on our fridge for a while and has been mauled by little bro a few too many times.
I'd hate for it to get eaten before I get a chance to record it.
Ellie's been wanting me to "blog about it" for quite a while now :)

{The story of tarzan}
The elephant splashed in the water.
Jane splashed in the water and stayed with Tarzan.
Her dad splashed in and stayed with her.
The monkey hugged Tarzan when he was little.
Clayton tried to shoot Tarzan.
The mama elephant said "There are no piranhas!"
The baby said "there were piranhas."
The elephants yelled "PIRANHA!" when Tarzan pulled his tail.
When the monkeys were chasing Jane, she said to Tarzan "let me down, let me down!"
And then when the monkeys came back she yelled "pick me up, pick me up!"
The gorillas found the camp site and played and played, breaking everything while they make music.
When they comed back, they said "oh shoot! What a mess!"

Kerchif told Tarzan "I'll always be your dad and you'll always be my son."
Clayton killed Kerchif.
Clayton died when he tried to hurt Tarzan and fell out of the tree.
Turk and Tanzor are his friends. Turk and Tarzan taught Tanzor how to talk in wood and they sing and sing while he blew his horn.

When the mama gorilla brought Tarzan home, Turk said, "what is that?"
"It's a baby."
Turk said "it's a funny looking baby."
Kerchif said "you can't keep him."
The baby said "waaaa."
The mama kept him.
The mama and daddy's boat was on fire. The tiger bite the mommy and daddy.
The mama gorilla saved tarzan from the tiger.


There you have it.
Ellie's first documented story.
Does it make you want to watch Tarzan?!
She told it a little backwards, but pretty well I thought!
Way to go Ellie!

1 comments:

Melissa Jensen said...

you wrote a wonderful blog!!
I love your words and I think you are quite a momma!! She is so lucky to have YOU!!!