Saturday, February 5, 2011

Princess for a night

Every year for homecoming, we have a little prince and princess to hold the tiara and medal for Mr. and Miss Berean.

And this year, they asked Ellie to be the little tiara holder. 
The was ecstatic! 
Beyond that. 
Like ready to go right then asked a million times every day when it would be homecoming ecstatic. 
Then is was postponed because of weather...for a whole month. 
Talk about an eternity for a tiara holding 4 year old.

But the big day finally arrived. 
And she did perfect!


First, we did her hair (well, Michele did) and got her all dressed.



She showed off her tiara and twirled for anyone she thought would be interested.


Ollie was the little prince. He did so great!
And he is such a little gentleman and brought a rose to give to Ellie. 
A chocolate rose. 
Those are the best kind.


I think I was as excited as Ellie was! 
I wish I had a reason to slip into one of those special banquet dresses. 
It was so fun to see Ellie enjoy it all so much.


And then it was time to walk on stage. 


They held hands the whole way down.
And they sat perfectly!
I think they both liked it. 
Ellie was soaking up her very important role. 
She found our family in the crowd and waved to everyone over and over again. 
When she realized they were announcing who she was, she sat up straight and smiled a huge smile. 
Such a goof!
 And definitely in her element!




Then they announced the winners. 
Ellie was worried why Kristin didn't give Brianna the pillow.




They had a group shot at the end and waited for their hugs. 
Ellie got a little bewildered look on her face and said she would really like to try that again. 
And then she set out to find her friends to get her own hugs.






Being princess for a night is a very important job. 
And definitely one of Ellie's memorable moments of the year! 

4 comments:

The Veers said...

so precious!!! her eyes are amazing!

Amanda said...

I love it! and I especially love that she was showing off her walk and wave at church today on command!!

She looked beautiful!!

Amanda said...

and Taylor really was very excited for her!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

I love that Ollie got her a chocolate rose. How sweet!! She is a beautiful princess!