Monday, February 21, 2011

diary of a tired mom of two

I was looking through pictures today and noticed all I have in the folder for "Tripp 2011" is a little of 

This...
 And a little of this...


I'm sure he does cute sweet things, I must just have them in a different folder.

That's a whole dozen there.
Do you know how long it takes to clean up eggs?
I bet you do if you have 2 kids.
The only thing that kept me from melting down was thinking over and over different ways I could blog about this event.
So, you think this is funny?
I don't yet.
It just makes me tired.
I'm tired today too.
It's more of an emotional tired than a physical egg mess tired.

We're learning about manipulation in Bible Study.
Ellie is PMSing.
Can you do that at 4?
I guess she's just practicing.
She's been manipulating the poo out of me.
Everything is a huge ordeal and very whine worthy.
And her latest method is saying she's going to throw up if she has to do anything.
"Ellie, you need to clean your room."
"I can't! I'm going to throw up!"
She even threatens us...
"Ellie you need to have a quiet time in you room now."
"If you make me stay in here, I'll throw up twice."

Oh brother.

So today, after finding out she couldn't go to Mimi's house, she ran to her room screaming,
"I'm not your daughter anymore!"
And slammed the door.
Hmmm....PMS?
I know I have to deal with it.
It's just very new.
I don't get hurt by what she says, just mad.
Which is not good when I'm trying to calmly tell her she can't talk to me that way.
Thankfully Bible study is tomorrow.
Hopefully Ms. Betsy Corning has some awesome ideas for lovely attitude problems.

And here's some pictures from Tripp's 2010 folder.
Obviously not much has changed.
He still gets himself stuck in boxes...


And makes messes sneaking stuff from the kitchen.
At least he didn't eat any of the eggs.
Silver lining?


As I was thinking about how tiring it is having 2 kids,
I realized people with 3 kids are probably laughing at me and thinking..."Just you wait!"
Looking back at just having Ellie seems like a breeze.
In the moment, I thought it was just as difficult.
But then I had 2.
And believe me, it's not.
So, instead of kidding myself and think 2 is the hardest thing in the world,
I've decided to just change the title when I do have 3.
It will say, "diary of a tired mom of three."
It will be tiring.
I will cry.
And wonder why the heck they continuously think threatening to throw up might work, or throwing a dozen eggs all over the kitchen is awesome.
And I'll wonder why I ever complained about eggs on the floor and snotty 4 year old attitudes.
But today I don't have 3 kids.
I have 2.
And it's hard.
That's why God made them so adorably squishy and cute.
It makes it totally worth it.

I'll leave you with a glimpse of my son's unique little personality.
When he's not eating or getting into something, he's hangin' out in the trash can.

I don't have any pictures of Ellie because she's in her room until further notice.


7 comments:

The Veers said...

i believe little girls definitely PMS!!!!! i haven't charted it, but i am so convinced! lot's of hormones in this household! you're an awesome mom!

Sarah said...

I feel for you. I am a mom of 2 girls ages 5 and 2. The 5 yr old has developed quite the attitude. Good luck and I'll be thinking of you!

Melissa Jensen said...

I am TIRED thinking about what you posted!! O eggs??? Seriously--glad you found just a bit of humor out of it!!
Should I sign up for counseling now BEFORE june comes and my baby boy is born??

BTW I think you are a great momma and I will pray for you tomorrow morning and pray for your strength!! Bless you!

Country Girl said...

Hang in there! You are doing great! And for me, it was definitely harder going from one kid to two kids than it was going from two kids to three. Being a mom is just plain hard sometimes!
And that egg mess does not look like fun!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Guess what Al's dad used to say? He would say if you have 3, you might as well have 6 because you are just plain tired all the time anyway so 6 is no worse than 3. And guess what, you can still PMS years after menopause. I just think it is a girl thing.

Amanda said...

oh my goodness those eggs. Seriously??? How in the world do they even think of these things. This too shall pass...haha, but then we'll be making a list of who they can't be friends with and writing up contracts and taking everything they own away from them. Thank goodness we can be tired together.

You are a GREAT mom!!! It's crazy how our emotions and mental status can make some days just seem SOOOO much worse than others.

The Boccias said...

This post is awesome and I thank you for it. I think I need to hear about this manipulation stuff and how to handle it. Tell me or I'll throw up!