Saturday, March 20, 2010

Seriously?

Is this really what Kansas is supposed to look like when it's almost April?
Go away you evil snow!
I don't really mind the cold or the hot weather.
I always seem ready for a change right when it's time to change.
But honestly, this is CRAZY!
I am so tired of dry hot heaters
And bundled up layers
And no leaves
And no fun walks or playing outside.
What a big bummer.

It was actually warm a few days ago.
Silly me, I thought that meant it was going to be spring.
So I did things like "Spring Cleaning."
I even successfully uprooted an evil ant-eating flower bush
and replaced it with a cute little non ant-eating, non-flower bush.
And now look at it.

The poor thing's supposed to be basking in the warm spring glow of the sun.
I hope it doesn't die...I'm not exactly known for my superb gardening skills.

And this was our beautiful green grass.
It found the sun and warm weather too.
How rude of the snow to disturb its growing process.

This is what the people in Kansas are starting to look like.
No, that's not a mug shot.
It's a very sad, very pasty white mom.
With two very energetic children that would like to play outside.

So until it stops snowing, we've reverted to our inside activities.

Eating sister's paints.

Making mirror friends.


And giving them hugs and kisses.

And playing in the closet eating shoes like crazy people.

Please snow, GO AWAY!

1 comments:

Diana said...

Right there with ya on the sad Kansas faces! This is nuts, huh! If I'd read your blog sooner, I'd advised running out there to put a 5-gallon bucket over your new bush (I've gardened for 50 years and worked in greenhouse for a dozen)... you still could if you want, leave it on the poor thing until Monday....

Monday.... yes, wait for Monday. The temps are supposed to be better then.

Like I said on my own blog... Mother Nature needs to go sit in the corner!

Hand on til Monday! ♥