On Saturday, my Dad got the Big One! And Mr. Turkey and somewhat of a bad day. Dad had worked all day outside, and decided to take a break and go hunting on our land for a while. He does this a lot, just as a quiet time, so it was quite a surprise when he walked home with this on his back!
He was pretty proud and excited. It was his first time using his new gun too!
I'm not quite sure, but I'm told his beardy thing is really long and pretty impressive...He's like the King Turkey!
Ellie got in on the action too. She was a little oogly at first and kept jumping around thinking it would touch her. Look how big it is compared to Ellie!

Hannah and I wanted to see just how heavy a turkey really is. Man that thing is heavy! We were trying to show off our big muscles too, but Dad didn't quite get those in the shot! I guess they were just too massive!

Hannah and I wanted to see just how heavy a turkey really is. Man that thing is heavy! We were trying to show off our big muscles too, but Dad didn't quite get those in the shot! I guess they were just too massive!
And that was our exciting time with Mr. Turkey. Now he's in the freezer...and mom has to decide what to do with him! Yum, Yum!
God job, Dad! That was quite a catch!

4 comments:
that is one HUGE turkey! Yum! :)
Wow! I am sooo impressed! Your mom will have to make lots of casseroles. I would have been totally grossed out and could not have touched the thing. So, who skinned it and prepared it for the freezer?
Go Dave! That is impressive.
Let me asure you all. It was Dave who skinned that wonderful, huge, gross turkey. We are taking reservations for dinner for the next three years. How many different ways can you cook a turkey. Actually, we are hoping a friend of ours will smoke it. And I am hoping that is even edible.
Post a Comment