Monday, April 27, 2009

Just a little update...

Well, I haven't had too much time to write on here lately. I've been packing and cleaning and running after Ellie for the past few weeks. We are officially starting to pack things up to move! I am so excited; maybe a little too excited. Anything is fare game to pack, and I may have started a little too soon on Matt's stuff. He has things in drawers that I've never seen him use, so as any good wife would do, I packed them! Yeah! How exhilarating to get things done! Anyways, the first things packed were office/desk supplies--mostly mine, but just a few things of Matt's I thought he wouldn't need....some safety glasses, measuring sticks, screw drivers, pencils....

Well, the very next day, Matt came to me and asked where his glasses were.
I just stared at him? "What! You haven't used those in months! Why do you need them today?!" He just looked at me sadly and said "You packed them didn't you." Oops.
After that ordeal, he started looking for his pencils and measuring sticks. My goodness how unfortunate! But...he still hasn't needed his screw drivers! Ha! I knew it was ok to pack those! Oh well!
My husband very nicely informed me I might be the incredibly opposite of a procrastinator (which he tends to be), so starting to pack 3 weeks early was a little much for him, but I informed him that I wouldn't be rushed when we had to move, and everything would be ready for him when we did move! And plus, it makes me feel so happy to get things done!
So, now that we only have about 10 days left until we head to Newton, I am just overjoyed...and a little tired. Our house has turned into a maze of boxes!
This is what I would like to be doing...maybe I'll get to in a few years...



5 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Good Luck with your moving, Rachel! It'll be fun to have you guys here. I don't live too far from where you will be living. Perhaps sometime, we could walk together :) I enjoy doing that. See you in a few weeks.

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Rachel, you are going to need those screwdrivers to take apart the beds and other furniture won't you?? You may end up unpacking those after all! We are looking forward to having you move "home"!! And to having Ellie and Tripp in the nursery!
Debby

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What sweet pictures....and love the colors in your blog.

I enjoyed reading your blog today ....

I am making so many new friends in the blog world. Hope you will stop by and sign up for my give away on Thurs....

Emilee Stucky said...

Lol... I can just imagine the whole "Where are my safety glasses?" conversation. Super funny! Hope the packing is going well, and remind Matt that if you guys need a cargo trailer to hall some stuff, we have one you can borrow!

Anonymous said...

Wish we were able to help you all move "home" - remind Matt that he used to be a "Laker Boy" I have picture 'proof' Time to root root for Sharley's Laker's - keep those pictures post coming so I can see my baby cousins!
Congrats Matt on your graduation!
love you all, Sharley