Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Time!!

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. This year, we spent it with Matt's side of the family (we switch every other year.) Matt's Beverlin grandparents were able to come celebrate with us as well. I always look forward to time with family...they are all so fun! And this year was no different...

Grammy bought a fun coloring house for Ellie to play in. She loved it and tried to everyone to come in with her. She especially loved Grammy playing with her!



While all the food was cooking, we had time to hang out together. Ellie and Cora got to spend a lot of time together. They spent most of their time playing with toys, and Ellie smothering Cora with kisses and hugs.

Ellie got in trouble for giving Cora too rough of a kiss, so here, she is hiding from me! It's hard not to smile when they do something funny and you're trying so hard to teach them a very important lesson.

Cora is growing up so fast! It's always fun to see all the new things she's learned while we were gone. What a beautiful little baby!

I think G-Grandma loved being with the little girls too. She helped me so much and watched her while I was out gallivanting around and shopping! Thank you Grandma and Grammy-I know Ellie loved being with you!

And of course, Ellie got lots of love from her favorite Auntie Anne!

Some of us even got to sleep! Owen actually got sick over Thanksgiving. Poor Uncle O! But by Friday night, he was finally able to come out his bedroom and say hi to us!


Then it was time to eat! Yum-yum...

Gramps and Matt were hard at work carving the turkey. And thanks Grammy for all the yummy food...it was terrific!


While we were eating and talking, Ellie was getting a little wiggly, so we gave her some Play-Doh to play with, and everyone else started playing with it too! I never knew what talented people were in my family!

Here's Matt working on his first work of art.

And the finished product! Unfortunately, my camera ran out of battery, so this is all I can show you. Matt, Kathy, Loren, and Joel made a whole story of the Wiener Dog's life...from eating, taking a potty break, getting attacked by a killer shark, being saved by an elephant, and then ending with the dog and elephant friends riding off into the sunset together. Joel documented the entire story, so hopefully they will blog about it later...who doesn't want to read about that amazing story!!

We had such a great weekend. It's times like these I remember how blessed and thankful I am to have such wonderful family and in-laws. Thank you for making it such a joyful place to be! We love you!

0 comments: