Friday, October 31, 2008

Furniture + Rachel = Trouble

As Matt says, I've begun "nesting" to get ready for the baby to come. I'm getting more and more excited about a new little baby and what he'll be like. There's just so much to get done before he comes, so I thought I would try to rearrange Ellie's room, get the baby toys out, and figure out where this new little bundle was going to fit in our apartment. I only have a few weeks before I'll be too tired to think about where to put things, so it just made sense to me!


Well, I thought I would try to be "super-wife" and move Ellie's room around without Matt. I was doing really well, until I realized that I had put the crib backwards on the wall, so the slide down side was against the wall-quite hard to get the baby out that way! So...me and my wonderful skills got to work turning the crib around...and that's when somehow, I made a terrible mistake. In my head, it made perfect sense just to turn the crib, and of course there was enough room to do that in my head as well! As I started moving it again, I had to move Ellie's daybed, which somehow started to wedge itself against the crib, so I thought I would shut the door to make more room for the crib. After many talented moves on my part, I managed to wedge Ellie and I in her room with the crib stuck against the door and the daybed stuck against the crib so I couldn't move either piece and get out of the room! (Thankfully Ellie had just pottied before we started this wonderful idea of mine!)


So about 20 minutes later, Matt came home for lunch, climbed through the bedroom window, and helped me put everything back in order. In my defense, it took us about 15 more minutes to figure it out together, which ended up in finally having to just pick the whole crib up over our heads and daybed to fit in the right place. I don't know if that makes what I did sound better, or worse, but it I don't think I'll be moving anything around for a while.


For some reason, I happened to forget my camera during this little venture of mine, so you'll have to do without any pictures of before or during my time stuck in Ellie's room! I do however, have some pictures of the finished product. Ellie even has a little reading area in her room now. The whole room feels so much more cozy and put together...See, it all worked out just fine!



This morning I asked Matt if there was another way we could move our bedroom around to make a little nook for the baby bassinet. He just looked at me and smiled. I guess the "nesting" bug isn't out of my system quite yet, but at least now I know to wait until Matt gets home before I start moving furniture around!

0 comments: