Potty Training here we come! Ellie has been practicing going on the big potty for 4 days now, and she's getting the hang of it! The first few days were a blur of following her every move to make sure she wasn't squatting in a corner about to explode! She's catching on pretty quickly, and I'm so excited that she's understanding it! I never knew one of the job descriptions of being a mom was sticking your head half-way in the toilet and screaming for joy over "oopy," as Ellie calls it! She gets a piece of candy each time, and 2 special pieces when she goes oopy. She reminds me every time-as if I might forget to give her a piece. We've also figured out animation is a key to success with Ellie. You can never be too excited about oopy and saying bye-bye when flushing (her other favorite part of the whole experience). I haven't been brave enough to venture out of the house yet, except to play in the front yard. Maybe by next week she'll be a pro and we can go to Walmart...maybe.
Matt informed me it's pretty gross to have the potty chair where we always hang out, but I thought it'd be a lot better than washing the floor 10 times a day. And plus, we were blessed with the handicapped duplex, so the toilet is gigantically high, and she can't climb on it, which I thought was a little problem. But if it bothers anyone else, you'll be pleased to know we're slowly working our way to the big potty. Matt was very releaved!

0 comments:
Post a Comment