Over the summer, Ellie got to have special preschool time with Auntie Jess.
We decided we weren't going to have Ellie go to preschool, but I still felt like she needed a little guidance and help with a few things.
And I had no clue where to start!
So I politely begged asked Jess to help and see what I needed to work on with her.
It was so fun to watch Ellie go off to her special time with Jess.
She took it so very seriously.
When I would try to work on things at home with her she would get so mad and say that was only for her and Jess to do together.
Goodness sakes!
That's another reason I thought it would be nice to have someone else teach her!
So with Jess's help, I have a little list of what I need to review with her and keep working on so she'll be ready for her big kindergarten debut. (which she says she is so very ready for and even has her lunchbox picked out)
I found ABC sheets online and then individual letter and number sheets to practice the alphabet and counting.
So far they've been a hit!
I'm pretty proud of myself!
I know for sure I have not been led to homeschool.
And I know for sure it's ok to say that because I was homeschooled until 6th grade.
I have nothing against it.
I'm just not geared to do it myself.
But I do know as a mom, I need to be able to teach my own kids some things without freaking out.
So I'm obnoxiously proud of my new laminated alphabet.
Since they're laminated, Tripp gets to have school time too.
And they even get different colors of markers to choose from to make it extra beautiful....could it get any better than that?!
Ellie said the only way she knows to count is to put candy on top of the numbers like she does at Jess's house.
Little stinker.
I'm sure chocolate does help a person think better though.
So that's what we've been up to so far.
Shes learning fast and I'm so very proud of her!
*I found the printable alphabet sheets from here. She has SO many great ideas for things to do with children. From crafts to every single subject in school. And most of it's printable and free for anyone to use! Perfect!
* I also found individual letter tracing sheets from here. They're complete with pictures and have so much room to practice writing. I thought they would be great to use when we focus on a certain letter at a time. I laminated them as well so we can reuse them as much as we want to.
* And just so the numbers don't feel left out, I found some for them as well here.
Hope that helps! happy laminating :)



1 comments:
Could you share where you found our print outs? I searched for some, but they don't appear to be as big as your's. I think if I could find bigger one's they would be easier for my daughter to practice as well. BTW....I came across your blog through Jess'!
Post a Comment