Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Announcing

Our newest addition to the family...
Gotcha didn't I!
 Meet Bella 
And Jacob.
I promise I had nothing to do with the names. 
It's ridiculous and I tried to get Ellie to change her mind, but it didn't work. 
So we might be a tad bit obsessed with Twilight. 
But at least I didn't name my fish after them.
You'll have to talk to Ellie about that. 
She did want me to have twins and name them Bella and Jacob.
 I told her I wouldn't promise her anything, but I'd think about it. 
Hopefully Bella and Jacob the fishies will help that idea go on the back burner.
If there is any possible way to smother a fish, they have found it.  
I have already had to tell them:
Don't touch the fish, Don't spit on the fish,
 Don't eat the fish food, and Don't drink the fish water.
You know, just the normal fishy pet conundrums. 
But I'm sure glad they're excited about their new pets!

4 comments:

the mcclenahans said...

Dear Ellie and Tripp,
I can't wait to meet you new fishies!
Love, Aunt Jess :)

Melissa Jensen said...

You always having me cracking up when I read your blog!! Seriously CUTE post!! I love all the things that you had to tell them about fish etiquette.

The Boccias said...

Sophie got her first fish as a favor at a bday party this past weekend. Goldie didn't even last 24 hours with us. First, the poor thing tumbled all the way down the stairs in the bag it came in, then once it was transferred, Sophie was trying to catch it to touch it. Sophie was ok when it died though. She talked to it anyway and would say things like "I'm going to go tell my dead fish it's lunchtime." We need to replace it with a beta.

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Yes, you got me. I was already thinking I would need to add a bunny to the bulletin board in the nursery!