Tuesday, April 5, 2011

picture project.

Did I ever show you what Matt made me for Valentine's Day?
I think I forgot to.
And I shouldn't have.
Because it's FANTASTIC.

I have this wall in our house that's awful.
It's really big and everything I think of to put there looks swallowed up.
And I don't want to spend oodles of money decorating a rental.
So it sat looking all forlorn and empty.
Until one day....
Drum roll please....enters the most talented husband to rescue the poor wall.



He knew exactly what I ever could have wanted without even asking.
And he hung them all by himself while I was off at a cousin valentine's party.
mushy huh!
There was a sweet little sign that said I love you, a matte cutter, and glass all neatly on the table.
He's a stud.
The frames are actually the outside frames of cabinets {because he has mad skills in woodworking} and they were all free.
Isn't he sweet?!
I got him a card.
To be fair, it was a very nice card.


So, since February, they've been on the wall exactly like they are in the picture.
We did go get some mattes to cut, but I got a little sheepish trying to figure out how to organize them all.
So now I've decided to tackle it.
Especially since Snapfish is offering 111 pictures for $1.11 right now.
Who can resist that?
Especially with so many frames to put them in!
So I've narrowed some of my choices down, drawn out a whole bunch of options for layouts, and stared at the wall for way too long.
I'm pretty sure it might be finished soon{ish}.

It's so fun to create.
Best valentine's gift ever.

6 comments:

The Sieberts said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

Sarah said...

LOVE it and I love the new blog header!

www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogsppot.com

Natalie said...

i love that, what a sweet guy!
i still have a semi-blank wall too... never sure what to do with big walls!

Natalie said...

I feel ya! I hate waiting, we want to build a house right now, but it's always wait wait wait... oh well :) Someday...

Yah, I am trying to think of something to go on that wall... I put two vinyls up, like above the table, but it's still feels so huge! If you ever need anything just let me know :) We should go garage saling here sometime soon!

Amanda said...

I can't wait to see it when it's done with pictures!

Amy said...

I love it, Rachel!! It reminds me of a wall in Kathy's house. I remember thinking how much I liked it when I was there for Jess's shower. Can't wait to see the finished product!!