Friday, July 17, 2009

Growing Up

Lunchtime conversation

I was feeding Tripp, then started eating with Ellie while giving Tripp some noodles to munch on.
Ellie: Tripp too little eat cough drops. Mommy, Daddy, Ellie big...eat cough drops! (Big smile!)
Me: That's right! You are big!
Ellie: I big and work.
Me: Really? Where do you work?
Ellie: Newton.
Me: What do you do?
Ellie: Work at Grammy's house. On clothes.
Me: You make clothes at Grammy's house? That's special!
Ellie: I'm Big! Tripp too little, no work. (Giggles!)
Me: That's right.
Ellie: Purple Jasmine Jellybean works at Grammy's too.
~~~~~
Then she went off in her own little world about working, being big, and making clothes with Grammy.
The entire time, feeding Tripper more noodles than she was eating. He was very excited.
~~~~~
Me: Ellie, you need to eat before we can go to Mema's house.
Ellie: Oh! (hands over face in defeat.) Ok! I'm eating!
~~~~~
What a little lady! So funny...getting bigger! Holy cow they grow up fast!

2 comments:

The Moffats said...

Soooo cute, Rachel. I miss you guys! I want to have you all come out to Colorado for a mini-vaca and we will hire Matt to help us with some projects :)

Amy said...

Hi Rachel! When you do a book through Blurb.com, you just type in your blog address, then it "slurps" your blog... it pulls all your posts and all your pictures. It can lay it out for you automatically, or you can design your own pages. Takes some time, but I think it's worth it! :)