Friday, March 20, 2009

A Kite Flying Kind of Day

I was so excited about spring break this year. We've been busy for the past couple months, and I was excited to just have some time as a family...
just us, just hanging out.

Matt had other plans...or at least his body did!
He got a respiratory flu the week before spring break, and has finally started feeling better after almost two weeks of being sick. I was bummed that we couldn't do anything as a family, except when we would all peek in the room to say hi to Daddy once in a while. I was even getting so tired of doing everything for the kids and house by myself. I was starting to wish it would be my turn to be sick soon!

Matt was so sweet though, and the first day he finally felt like getting out of bed, he had a shower taken, his clothes on and was ready to hang out with us! I felt a little bad for him, 'cause I knew he still didn't feel great, but I couldn't help being excited that we could finally have a family adventure together!

So...like any good adventure starts, we headed to Walmart! We bought some bubbles, chalk, and a kite we liked to call Barbie Baby.
First, we played with some bubbles...Ellie LOVES bubbles!

This was the astonished look on her face when she blew her first bubble. "Wow!"

Total amazement! What fun little kids are!

After bubble time, we headed over to the parking lot behind our house to fly Barbie Baby.

After my attempt to get Barbie to fly, Matt took over.

Ellie kept letting go of the handle, so we ended up tying it around her waist! It worked perfectly!
Owen was so cute flying it. He sat down so he could see the picture on the kite better.

Tripp guarded our shade tree while we played!

Then the kids got bored flying Barbie, so the grown-ups took over.

But then we got bored, so we let the tree take over!

Me and Bree! I am so thankful to have such a close, fun friend to spend time with here! She's such a life-saver!

The guys spent some time by the shade tree.

We ended our day with a little ride in the Mustang...who could ask for more!

Thank you, husband, for making it such a fun day and spending time with us!

1 comments:

The Sieberts said...

i LOVE the pic of you and Ellie looking at the kite in the sky. you could put some really cool filters on that! :)