Monday, February 16, 2009

The last few days...

Cora went to be with Jesus on Sunday morning, February 8.
This has been such a heartwrenching week, I didn't even know if I wanted to write about it, but I feel like this, along with everything else we've been doing, is a way of closure for me.

There are so many emotions that we have all felt...it's hard to even explain how I feel. I think now, there's a sense of closure. The first few days were just a blur of tears, numbness, and such disbelief and grief. We had prayed so hard, the doctor's had been so hopeful, it almost seemed impossible! Cora is no longer in pain, and even though this is not what I had prayed for, God did answer our prayers. He has a plan in all of this.

It has been so amazing to see the legacy Jess, Joel, and Cora have left for so many people. I can't believe the number of people who have grown closer to their family and to Christ because of their story. In some ways, it doesn't seem fair that Jess and Joel had to lose so much for people to realize how important their relationship with others is, but I know this is just another way of God making something beautiful come out of such heartache. The funeral was so good...really a celebration and closure for me.

Having a sense of closure, real life begins again. There are so many changes...realizing the difference Cora made in our lives and the hole that now replaces it. And I guess it's a new "normal" life that we all have to begin.

Now Jess and Joel have a new journey God will lead them through...full of healing and understanding his will for them. And I know they would love prayer as they continue through this.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. It's going to be a long journey, but I know none of us could have made it without our family and friends along the way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your entire family continues to be in my prayers, Rachel. You have such a sweet and gentle spirit and I know God is using that to bless those around you.

In Him,
Tami

Amy said...

I don't know if you know me, but I wanted to say that I am so glad Jess has a sister-in-law like you. Your entire family has consumed my thoughts lately, especially Joel and Jess. May you all feel God's loving arms around you.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I've had similar emotions - It's so beautiful to watch people grow closer to their families and to God through this story. I'm blown away at how many lives this has touched.

But at this cost? The pain Joel and Jess must have is just crushing to me. I can't imagine.

I pray for them daily, several times a day. (Jess was teacher to my kids for 3 years.)

Christine said...

I am heartbroken for Joel & Jess and pray for them often. My daughter is just a bit younger than Cora, and their loss has impacted me so much. We will continue to pray for and think of you guys. I pray God would hold you tightly and grant you a peace beyond understanding.