Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In the Arms of Jesus...

Today I had a little quiet time dancing with Ellie.

One of the pastors at our church made a worship CD for Cora to listen to in the hospital, and we were given a copy of it. I was having a "heavy heart" moment, and thought it might be nice to listen to them.

I told Ellie they were special CD's of music for Cora.

As we started dancing to it and humming, Ellie started singing along. What she sang just made me melt inside and want to hold her in my arms forever....

Lalala...Cora...Jesus...night-night...With Jesus...lalala....Cora....Jesus...Lalala...

Then she would start praying...Cora...is with Jesus..
What pure simplicity.

As I listened to the words of the music, and my innocent little daughter knowing exactly where her sweet cousin was, I was once again reminded of how great our God is.

All I could do was thank him for the time we had with Cora, for the memories Ellie has of being with her...and even for allowing a 2-year-old to be at peace and understand where her little Cora is.
What an amazing God we serve.

8 comments:

The Sieberts said...

my heart melted and my eyes filled with tears when i read this blog post. Ellie is so precious. Don't you wish we had child-like faith like that more often? :)

Misty Rice said...

Thank you for sharing....

Whom ever out of Jess and Joel wrote on their blog recently, sound so AMAZINGLY strong and at peace, but so honest and real about their hurt and pain.

I have left them several comments, posted a few post on my own blog seeking out prayer for Cora....for whatever reason, God, has deeply connected me to have a deep compassion for this family and baby Cora. Maybe because I have a 10 month old little girl and Cora resembles Morgan so much and they share the same middle name Paige.

Whatever the reason, I am forever touched by this family and little girl. I cry often, think of Jess as a mother often and I feel I sense of loss as if it where my own. I know if I hurt and feel this way..... it doesn't even begin to touch the surface of how this family really feels. It breaks my heart and tears are now rolling down my face again.

Thank you for the photos, the updates and the encouragement to stay reminded that Joel and Jess are so strong in their faith, and the peace they are feeling with it all.

God bless you and your family. Cora is and always will be a beautiful little girl. She is a LEGACY and this story, this situation, and this little girl named Cora Paige, will always and forever have a place in my heart and remind me to be that more patient and a better mother to my little Morgan Paige and my 8 year old son.

Your son is very handsome and adorable.

God bless.

Amy said...

The Sunday morning that I found out about Cora, Sophie (my 6 year old) asked me during church why I kept crying. I told her I was sad because Baby Cora had died. (Sophie had been praying for her every night) She looked at me and said, "So she's in heaven?" And then with a big smile, "Then she's all better!" I had the same thought... it's so simple for her. Why can't it be that simple for grown-ups? I love this story about Ellie. Joel and Jess will love it, too.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Rachel thanks for your posts!! I love being able to "see your babys"
My heart is so achy for Jess and Joel, but so thankful for the testimony that they are sending all over the world. Guess we won't understand till we are in heaven "WHY CORA"
hugs and love
Sharley

The Moffats said...

Oh Rachel. My heart is hurting so much for all of you. Know that you and Matt are in our prayers too. We love you guys so much. I read this post through blurry vision as I wiped away the tears rolling down my face. It was beautifully written. Thank you for your tender heart and honesty. Love and hugs.
Laura

Allen and Debby Graber said...

"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise." Psalm 8:2, Matthew 21:16 Oh the faith of little children! Thank you for sharing!
Debby

Anonymous said...

Precious childlike faith Jesus welcomes! Thank you for sharing, Rachel.

The Stucky's said...

awww, this story makes me tear up. kids say some pretty wonderful things:) such wonderful and beautiful child-like faith. your little family is in our prayers!