So...I know it's just life, and I did just get done writing a lovely post all about choosing JOY.
Well...JOY decided to visit someone else's house today.
I'll get around to choosing joy in a couple hours.
But right now, I'm just mad...grumpy...overwhelmed.
Everybody has those days.
Mine is happening.
As. We. Speak.
Aren't you glad you get to be a part of it?!
Ellie jumped out of bed at a whopping 6:00 this morning.
She was LOUD.
She woke up my sweet sleeping baby before wailing her way to the kitchen for breakfast.
Tripp woke up...but was pleasantly happy for a change.
That was nice.
They ate their cereal in a record time of 5 seconds.
Leaving me about 5 seconds to get some extra rest in bed.
Baby was hungry early because of said loud sister.
Fed baby...put baby back down to sleep.
Started folding clothes slowly in bed while the kids fight in the kitchen over beads for making necklaces.
Tried to watch tv, but it's so windy outside that none of our 4 channels comes in for more than a few seconds at a time.
Doors are getting slammed, which leads to Ellie's arm getting pinched in the door.
A talk about shutting doors being off limits in addressed...again.
Time outs, more fights, more yelling...does it ever stop?
Tripp comes in with a box of cocoa....and lets me know half of it spilled on the floor...but don't worry, he wiped it up with a towel.
Went out to survey mess and found out...our vacuum cleaner sucks at sucking.
On the plus side, it smells like chocolate in the house.
On the down side, I want chocolate now and there's a huge brown smeared mess all over the carpet.
I don't really care...we're moving.
While getting the vacuum out, I step on one of Ellie's multiple brownie pins she's collected.
I get mad, yell that she should keep track of them better so people don't get hurt, throw it away in frustration, and send a wailing child outside.
Tripp asks if it's lunch time yet. (It's 8:30 in the morning!)
When I say no, he decides to sneak a cupcake instead.
He gets in trouble and I send another wailing, starving child outside.
I get the baby up, since he's been watching all the wailing from his little bed in the middle of the living room.
Feed him a little, change his diaper.
Go get more clothes to fold.
Load all of Tripp's sheets and comforter and blankets in the washer because he pottied in bed...again.
Head back to my room to fold clothes.
Stare at my baby who just farted for an unbelievable amount of time and make a mental note to check his diaper in a few minutes...
Right after I change the kids clothes...'cause they just came in yelling they have poopy water on them.
I don't even know what that means.
Get everything in order once again...send kids outside again...lock the door so they can't come in...for just a second.
Silently scream in my head while holding my breath...kind of the same effect as screaming into a pillow, but without having to explain to the kids why the heck you just did that.
Sit back down to finish folding clothes.
Check baby, realize he's leaked poop all over my duvet cover and white sheets.
More laundry headed to the washer.
Baby needs a bath.
I need a break, but I don't think that's on the agenda today.
An early naptime is though.
That'll bring a little joy back :)
I know...just normal daily mommy stuff.
But some days it hits a little harder, you're a little more tired than usual, and you wonder what in the world is going on!
It's only 10:00 though, so hopefully the day will start going uphill.
Hope you have a happy wednesday!
But if not, don't worry.
It happens.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
seriously???!!!
Posted by Rachel at 10:34 AM
Labels: just life, parenting 101, random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing what all of us feel and making us feel so much more normal and accepted!! You are such a wonderful mom, and I am always inspired by your patience and love for your children. No one told me that the one person that would be hardest for me to get along with would be my daughter! Good thing we have a mother's love=)
Just when we think we have everything under control they have to test our patience and parenting skills. Today is a new day! Good luck!
Rachel - Hi! Loved this post. I'm so scared to have two kids...I can't imagine THREE! In answer to your question...we loved our Dobermans - they were both amazing dogs. We never experienced the aggression they're known for other than when they'd bark at strangers outside our house, which was great! I was always a little nervous to leave my son alone around them, but I feel like that could be helped if they were raised around kids from a puppy, which neither of ours were. If you have more questions, feel free to email me! gina.dreher {at} gmail {dot} com
You are hilarious! Sorry about the crazy day. I had to laugh because we have door trouble here too. Seriously, just leave them alone!! Our kids also wake up early and usually cry. It's unpleasant.I wish I could send Sophie and Talia outside but we need a fence. Talia makes tons of messes--shakin' baby powder all over the swing, pen to the ipad screen, spilled bowls of cereal, wipes and kleenexes pulled out of their boxes, and she helps herself to whatever snacks and candy she can reach with the help of her trusty barstool. She also is obsessed with the buckles on Gemma's car seat, swing, and bouncy seat so every time we want to put G in one of these things, we have to unbuckle everything. Every dang time. I like your silent scream/breath holding idea...
Post a Comment