Friday, March 16, 2012

Webb {2 months}

Webb is well over 2 months now, but these were taken last week, so it's a little more accurate!

At his 2 month appointment on March 7th, Webb

weighed in at 13 lb 11.1 oz {89th percentile}
his height was 1 ft. 11 in. {51 percentile}
head circumference 15 in. {12th percentile}

When I made a little joke about the percentile of his head versus weight, the doctor very seriously reassured me that was normal and would start to even out in a few months. 
I'm just going to stop making silly comments. 
They must come across very worrisome!

We had a few impromptu "photo shoots" this month. 
I was trying to get just Webb with his quilt pictures, but it's hard to do with two big kids smooching on him. 
Some little children {Tripp} are more into licking than smooching. 
Slobber face {when it's not your own baby drool} does not make for a very attractive picture. 
So I plopped Ellie and Webb together instead. 
Sorry Tripp...you're too wild. 
I just love seeing siblings together. 
Catching what's alike about them...what's totally different. 
It's always such a quick and special scene. 
So I tried to soak it in as best I could. 
One big sweet sissy with her little baby brother. 


She cares for him so much.
She might secretly think she has just as much responsibility to mother him as I do.
And she gets very offended when he won't stop crying except when I hold him {even though he's only done that a handful of times!}


I see so much of Ellie in Webb.
They have the same coloring and features.
He has a sweet little pouty face that is JUST like Ellie's when she was little.
I love seeing it. 


Most people seem to think he looks a lot like Tripp.
I think those Tripper cheeks might be one of a kind...we'll have to see!
But when I look at his profile, I see a lot of his brother.
He definitely has more of the personality Tripper had as a baby.
Ellie was a little spitfire from day one.
She only stopped crying for me.
No one else could really keep her calm.
Tripp was just plain easy.
Webb is following nicely in big brother's footsteps.
Thank you!


{While the big kids were playing outside, I quickly took a few quilt pictures.}

So little Webb,
At 2 months...

You are getting huge.
With an abundance of sweet little baby rolls.
That's the only way they come when they're a baby Beverlin :)


You love making noises.
You try so hard to talk to us.
You can get pretty loud when you think we aren't listening.
And you concentrate so hard on talking that it almost always leads to the hiccups.


Your mouth is always open.
I love when I catch your eye and it leads into a big smile. 
You love watching your sissy and brother.
They are quite entertaining and keep you on your toes...your eyes are always moving when they're around!
You really like listening to Ellie sing too.
You'll start to make little noises with her and fuss when she stops.

You have a herniated belly button.
It's getting quite huge.
But it's supposed to go away on it's own, and it doesn't hurt you.


You wear size 2 diapers and size 3-6 month clothes.
You never liked being swaddled and still like sleeping with your hands sprawled out over your head.
You still choke and gag when you eat and won't take a pacifier.
Most nights you sleep from 10:30 at night until 5:30.
You're getting pretty good!!



You have such a sweet demeanor.
I love seeing your personality come out more and more.
You are quite a perfect little fit in our family!

3 comments:

The Sieberts said...

what a cute little chunk!!!

Amanda said...

he's so cute! i see both kids, but definitely ellie!

Julie said...

He is so cute . . . love his rolls. Calla had a herniated belly button too and it grew bigger and bigger (HUGE) and then went away. Joel has a special name for those. I'm sure he has told you. ;)