We've been on spring break over here.
I was all ready for a relaxing week.
I was so excited to have Matt be able to work without any interruptions for a whole week.
That rarely happens.
And he's long overdo for some time just to do his own thing.
The week hasn't gone as planned at all.
It's been a bummer.
I don't think either of us (especially Matt) has felt like we've had a break since the "break" started.
Every single person has had an appointment of some kind each day.
Cars have broken down....which means a ton of unexpected bills.
Hours and hours spent on finding documents for different people.
Switching bank stuff...always a slight hassle.
Some coughs and yucky feeling kids.
Tired, whiny kids.
LOTS of rain which equals antsy, whiny kids.
I don't think Matt has been able to spend more than 3 hours a day working.
Poo.
I hate when things just don't go the way you've planned.
And there's absolutely nothing in your control to fix it.
It just happens.
I think it's called life.
Agendas are nice, but life happens and they go out the window.
That's really hard for control freaks like me to handle!
And it makes me feel bad when I can't help Matt at all with all the things that keep piling up for him to do.
So I try to keep the homefront somewhat organized.
Which means I made the bed.
It's pretty awesome.
I'm sure he noticed and just loved it :)
So I haven't taken many pictures.
I've been dreaming of painting new walls, redoing bathrooms, and getting a white couch.
If pinterest were my home, I would be one clean, tidy, happy momma.
Can people realistically have white furniture with three kids?
I just can't decide.
It might just have to stay in pinterest land until I'm 50.
Oh well.
So, the finale of our week is a little haphazard.
I've done half the laundry.
Slight accomplishment.
I have a sneaky kid who's on the couch and thinks I don't know it.
But he's being quiet, so I'm pretending I don't know it.
Nice parenting, I know.
The other one is wailing in her bed because I won't give her a drink...
because she jumped on her brother's head.
In her defense, he told her to. (is what she said)
"Nobody loves me" is her main cry.
It's getting louder.
I do love her.
But I'm not giving her a drink.
She'll make it.
I promise.
After I deal with the wailing child who's about to lose her voice over a drink,
I'm going to settle down to some hulu goodness with some yummy dinner.
Check on our chickens...the highlight of our week :)
And go to bed.
I hope your week was fun!
If not, that's ok.
It's just life.
There's always next spring break.
Or maybe just do a do-over and have a better week starting Monday.
That's my plan.
Just in case your day was a little stinky, here's something that might help.
That, my friends, is a little easter egg chicken that's only a few hours old.
They lay teal eggs.
We have three.
Plus 17 other different kinds.
They're hiding in our garage.
And we've turned into really big nerds and are knowledgeable on all things chicken now.
Who wouldn't be when they're this cute?!
Now I'm off to console the wailing child and get my hulu on.
Oh happy day :)


5 comments:
white couches are for when the kids are OUT of the house...lol
I second the white couches comment :) I had one in our family room until about a month ago. It was slip covered from IKEA and, truthfully, I loved it because you could just put it in the wash and viola! All clean! Super comfy, super cheap, super pretty, super easy...right?! But seriously, I'm the worst with our piles of laundry and the last thing I had time for was washing the slip covers...so they we're dirty and gross from blue jeans and chocolate milk (gasp!) and snacks and faces and fingers I forgot to wipe ALL.THE.TIME. So I sold it. Done and over with. And I don't miss it a bit! (maybe just a little tiny bit but I'm over it)
Hope your spring break has at least one happy day! Expectations suck. Oops...maybe I shouldn't say that word on your blog. Oh well...just did.
Love you guys!
Your so GREAT!! I love how you write, how you explain things. You make me laugh, you make me think about things, I just think you rock!! Happy weekend!!
Hi Rachel,
I love your blog. Your words perfectly express life with kids. I follow you on Pinterest and had to chuckle when I repinned your white slipcover pin- it'll never happen in my house either! Thanks for keeping it real.
Shanda C.
I know you don't feel like you're being funny because your just stating the facts, but I usually crack up at your posts. I think it's because I can totally relate. Our Spring Break is next week. And I can't wait to see more pictures of the kids with the chickens! Just sayin"
Sarah @ This Farm family's life
Post a Comment