Monday, February 6, 2012

webb {one month}



Webb turned one month old yesterday.
I can't believe the changes already!
I got the idea to take monthly pictures from my sister-in-law, Jess.
She takes the cutest monthly pictures of Griffin, and it's so fun to see how he's grown.
I hope I can keep it up each month!
Webb doesn't have his own quilt yet, but this is my favorite quilt I have.
It's from my Grandma Ellie's mom.
I thought it would be fun to use such a special quilt...until I have enough time to finish his.
When he's probably 5 or so!


Little Webb, at one month, you have already changed so much from your first few weeks.


You are awake a lot more!
That makes your brother and sister so excited.
They ask what you're doing and saying every time you make the slightest movement or sound.


Tripper calls you "his boy."
He LOVES nuzzling you on the head and hands.
He's getting better at being gentle and I think you're learning quickly to be a little tougher.
Sorry.
You are full of noises.
Snorting, bubbles, snoring...and Tripp's personal favorite...
your amazing ability to toot the whole day long.
Tripp stops dead in his tracks and giggles asking "Who was dat?!"
It's ALWAYS YOU!
It might be the highlight of Tripp's day to hear you toot.
And the face you make...all scrunched up with your tongue sticking out adds a lot to the whole effect!
I'm so glad I got a picture of it!
It's not so cute in the middle of church though.
Please work on your quiet tooting if you can.


You are getting HUGE!
You seemed to stay the same size for a few weeks.
I was excited that you might stay a little newborn for a while.
But then you seemed to just explode in a day!
I'm so glad you're healthy and love to eat though.
You're wearing size 0-3 month clothes and I'm pretty sure you'll be out of those before 3 months comes along.



And you are smiling!
I didn't believe it at first.
With your tooting ability, I figured it was all that stored up gas you seem to have!
But you do smile!
I'm sure of it!
You smile the most at your momma and sister.
Ellie loves to make you smile.
She loves everything about you, really.
Holding you, giving you toys, talking to you, doing concerts for you, running to get your burp rag.
It's her job to hold you on our bed on Sunday morning so the rest of the family can get ready.
She's a great helper and such a loving big sister.


You are perfect during the day.
No fighting naps or crying.
You hardly even burp or spit up!
That's a new concept for this momma.
Your big sis and brother spit up a TON all the time!
At night, it's a little harder.
You like fighting sleep until about 10:00 or 11:00.
And you don't like a pacifier, which is also new for me. 
I'm trying to get you to have a scheduled bedtime, but you won't hear of it.
I think you must like your extra snuggle time.
You keep those big blue eyes open as long as you possibly can.
Then you spend the next 20 minutes grunting and snorting trying to get that one last toot out for the night.
But after all that, you sleep so well and don't get up until around 3:30-4:30.
And then sleep again until 6:30 or 7:00.
I can't complain.
You're pretty sweet to wake up to anyways!


We sure do love you little Webb!
We have loved watching you grow and see you learn new things.

3 comments:

Melissa Jensen said...

O my goodness he is absolutely beautiful!!! I could kiss that belly and those cheek:) What a handsome lil' man you have to love on. I miss those baby days already--I love each and every stage, I always hate leaving the stages but always have just as much fun with the new ones. Congrats again!! I wish I could hold him:)

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Tooting in church? What a scandal! Ha! We have a lot of nursery workers dying to hold babies!! Most of the little ones have graduated to the toddler class and so there are empty arms ready!!

Mahina and Lucas said...

He is so cute!!! I love the picture with one are up because it reminds me of superman!