Ellie turning 5 seemed really old to me.
Not a baby anymore...not even a toddler, really.
And she just looks older.
She's a little kid now.
And it was enough to make me cry half the way home.
How in the world can I have a 5 year old already?
How can she be this BIG!
I seriously blinked a few times and then all those years just happened.
Some days, weeks, and months felt so very long, but smooshed altogether, a 5 year old little girl emerged and it seems like it flew by.
And all you remember are the sweet moments, the hard stuff doesn't seem so hard or long, and then you start thinking...holy crud...I really hope I haven't messed up too much!
She's already 5 and I'm not sure I've quite gotten this figured out yet!
That's how it went down in my head at least on the car ride home while I took peeks at my big 5 year old sitting in the back seat.
She had waited for such a long time.
It was a very big deal and a very big day for her!
She is SO precious!
Her smile and giggle can light up the whole room and make you happy.
She is a complete goof.
She's so good at tuning in to how other people are feeling.
She can make you happier if you're feeling sad, say a few sweet words to lift your spirits, and make you feel so appreciated by remembering to say thank you for a meal, a little surprise present, or just being together.
Her best bud is Tripper.
{He's being a big, big, tiger in every picture by the way.}
They are so close and have such a special bond.
They seem to instinctively know what the other one wants or feels.
They stick up for each other and protect each other.
That's really special to see.
She loves purple, but has decided "she like all colors more equally now...at least the bright ones."
She loves princesses, pretending, jewelry, dressing up, makeup, and nail polish.
She's a girly girl.
She's recently decided the word "poop" is gag-worthy and has become quite grossed out with anything related to animals, germs, or whatever else she may deem worthy of gagging over.
We're working on that :)
She still likes to wrestle...I feel like that makes up for the gagging issues.
She's into posing for pictures (obviously!).
She's so real...with people, her feelings, what she thinks.
That's one of my favorite things about her.
It's so refreshing and I love knowing what she likes and doesn't like and how she's feeling...you don't have to guess too often!
She thrives on schedules.
She can't function without knowing the plans for the day.
It's definitely something we butt heads on...but it's getting better.
Slightly.
Kids make you realize so many things about yourself you need to work on.
Scheduling must be one of mine!
Her favorite movie is "anything about princesses" and Free Willy {the girl one}.
What we're working on as a big 5 year old...
*Sassy talk
*Telling the truth
*Sassy talk
*Sassy talk
*Telling the truth
She's incredibly excited about her new baby brother.
She said she would be in charge of changing all the diapers.
I don't know how that's going to go over with the whole "poop" issue, but woohoo for me!!
She's tender-hearted.
Doesn't like to be cuddled, but loves to be tickled and sung to whenever we have a chance.
She gives many daily concerts full of singing, dancing, verses, piano songs, and gymnastics tricks.
If you don't pay attention, she will get you in trouble.
You aren't allowed to have cell phones on during the concerts either.
If there's a pause in performance...that means you need to clap very loudly.
And that's my little girl in a nutshell.
There's so much more I'm learning daily from her.
Ellie is such a treasure and I am so glad God has entrusted her to us.
What a special responsibility!













2 comments:
She is beautiful Rachel! I love hearing your stories of her. I can't believe she is 5 either. It feels like yesterday Anne and I were at work talking about her big arrival. Happy Birthday Ellie!!
these pictures of ellie are so cute! And I love the way you capture what she is like at 5, and the connection between her and tripp! So sweet!
Post a Comment