It's been quiet around here today.
Yesterday too.
Little Tripper is sick.
And Ellie got to spend the night at Mema and Papa's house.
Tripp has been SO clingy cuddly since he got sick.
I do love it when he cuddles so much though.
I know that won't last forever.
He's one of those kids that you can always tell when they're getting sick.
His eyes just look awful.
So, we've been taking it easy.
We went to the doctor and it's just a nasty cold.
But he did get double ear infections from all the drainage, so I'm glad I went in.
He slept almost the entire day yesterday.
So I got lots of time to do non-kid things.
Like paint a coffee table!
I was so excited!
I had already painted the smaller one, but I still had the big one stashed in the garage for the perfect painting moment.
And it came.
I painted the other one when it was FREEZING outside and it took a week to finish because it took so long to dry.
This time, I finished in a few hours.
Holy Cow!!
My back is all sunburned and I'm really sore from bending over the whole time.
But my living room looks loverly with it's new addition.
And so you're not totally bored with my free time meanderings, this is what we do when the kids are home and not sleeping.
We do kid-friendly things.
Like paint...paper, sidewalks, each other.
Whatever.
We do love our paint.
Tripp has been banned from the small colorful paints.
After he ate them and mixed them all up, I thought it was time to narrow his options.
He now gets his own flower container to eat and mix all by himself.
{don't worry, I really don't let him just sit there and gobble it up. But I do see him sneak a few licks from his paintbrush even though he knows he's not supposed to.}
And now his very creative, slightly OCD sister gets to paint her creations in peace.
With her very neatly, organized sets of colorful paints.






0 comments:
Post a Comment