Thursday, March 24, 2011

a question



I had someone ask me about my camera.
Can you believe that?!
I was really excited!
No one asks me questions like that.
Hopefully they wanted to know because they were so impressed with my awesome skills...not horrified.
But either way, you all get to hear about the awesomeness that is my camera...

I'm pretty sure next I will possibly just go viral.
I know crazy huh?!
I was being funny with Matt one night.
He's always SO tired by bedtime and it's definitely not the best time to try to have a meaningful conversation.
But that's exactly when I am wide eyed and ready to talk.
So...after a long one-way conversation with an almost asleep Matt, I informed him I had 7 whole comments on my post that day and I wouldn't be surprised if it went viral by next week.
He just said "oh that's neat." And fell asleep.
The next morning he asked me if he had dreamed that or if I was indeed awesome.
I just laughed and said I was a dork and it was indeed not viral.
Anywho...back to the camera.


It's a Nikon D40x.
We had a little camera when we got married that I had from high school.
It worked of course, but my love for pictures needed a little something more.
And it is SO hard to get a picture of a squirming baby with a little dinky camera.
So, Matt surprised me for my birthday one year with this beautifulness.
I was so excited and surprised I cried.
I LOVE pictures and capturing memories.
I feel like you almost see more through a picture.
What they're seeing, what they're feeling in that one moment.
It's special.

Matt did all the research and decided on what camera to get.
His sister Jess had this camera before she got her new updated Canon amazingness.
And her photography friend Laura was the one who said to get this type of Nikon.
So after much consideration, we pretty much just copied.
And before Jess got her new camera, we would always have to double check to make sure we had the right camera at the end of the night.
We got it on Ebay.
It was cheaper that way. Woohoo!
And I'm sure it's outdated by now.
But I love it just the same.
I don't really know how to do many things.
I shoot mainly on the P setting 'cause that's what Jess told me to do
and she learned that from other photography people :)
I wish I knew more.
I'd love to take a class or something.
So we'll see.
I love being able to take pictures of Ellie and Tripp and feel like they look good.
And if you have any photography advice, I would LOVE to hear it!
I want to learn more and would absolutely gobble up your advice!
Peace out.

2 comments:

Tara said...

your pictures are awesome! and real. and i like that!

Anonymous said...

THANKS! and yes it is because I like your pics :)

Kim