Wednesday, December 1, 2010

We sold it.

Well, it's finally over.
We officially sold out first car.
It was bittersweet.
Very sweet, because I had no idea how nice it is to have a car with
a radio,
automatic windows,
every single door opens,
and even car doors that open themselves,
a smooth enough ride to actually hear yourself think and even carry on a conversation...
Just the little perks!

But it was also a little sad seeing our first car go forever.
Matt has had the Jeep since he was a sophomore in high school.
It's been through a lot.
We loved it.
We are Jeep people.


The Jeep drove to school everyday for 3 years with 1 passenger,
drove all the way to college, and back and forth from Pittsburg to K-state for 1 year with 2 passengers,
then from Pittsburg to Newton for 3 more years with 3 passengers then 4.
Before it finally settled into "normal" life as the family car with over 200,000 miles on it.  
It's gone from the car of a high schooler, to a family car of four in 6 years.


So it has lots of memories and was very loved, but VERY old.
I would pray every time I started it that it would do ok for a little while longer.
It always did.
Until the day I was on my way to Bible study, and it didn't.
It wasn't worth fixing, so we decided it was time to move on.


Maybe another Jeep?
At least an SUV.
We looked and looked, and had no idea what kind to get.
Then we decided to get a van and I died a little inside.
*sigh*
No 23 year old is supposed to have a van yet.
Yes it's nice when you have kids, but a van?
Talk about a great way to age a person.
Oh my.
So with the help of our good friends who know tons more about buying a car than we do, helped us find the perfect van.
And it's wonderful.
I do love it and I don't mind being a "soccer mom" already.
It's like another little house with wheels.
You wouldn't believe how much stuff can fit in there.
And it's totally sexy.....you know it is.

But this is not about my lovely new Toyota Sienna amazingness.
This story is about the long life of a good Jeep.
That we will miss very much and appreciate for sticking with us for such a very long time.
So thanks Jeep.




We'll remember you forever.  

4 comments:

Julie said...

my first car was a 1986 jeep sport. his name was chief. i loved my jeep, too. he was not healthy enough to take me to college, so i had to say goodbye. it was a sad day. :)

jen christians said...

I to went the van route at age 23! When our third baby was on the way it was time to replace the Neon... Oh the memories...

Anonymous said...

I had 2 minivans, or was it 3? I miss them! We live on a sand road that needs 4 wheel drive... wanna trade some time? I miss that big ol' trunk space! When we went from 2 kids to 3, we had to upgrade from the little Geo Prism to a minivan. Life. Change is hard! ~Elaine (from church & school)

Anonymous said...

23 yr olds should not have 2 kids just think of it that way.