Sunday, December 19, 2010

Things I learned about Tripper...

A few weeks ago, Ellie went to spend some quality time with Mimi.
(The kids decided to call her Mimi now instead of Mema. I have no idea why.)
So, while she was spending the night, I had the whole night with Mr. Tripperton. 
He's totally different when he's alone now!
He's so hilarious and I had no idea he could do some of the things he did...

I found out he actually smiles when I say "smile Tripp!" 
I had no idea! 
He sticks his face right up to the camera...
And this is what you get. 
Who knew!





We had some yummy macaroni (with salt and pepper of course.)
 He loves dipping his food and pouring seasonings. 
It's like a sport to him. 
 

And we had some quality time together watching Bob the Builder. 



And got to hang out with dad when he came home. 

Tripp actually talks too.
Did you know that? 
I didn't really believe people when they said he probably doesn't talk because Ellie says everything for him. 
I figured there was still plenty of opportunities for the dude to talk during Ellie's small pauses. 
I guess not. 
'Cause he talked a TON when he was alone! 
He even answered my questions. 
This is the night I found out he could say "NO."
Now he won't stop. 
But "NO" may also mean "YES."
Figure that one out. 

I also found out he cares about what clothes he's wearing. 
I didn't realize boys cared about that at this age!
I have to prove to him that the shirt I want him to wear is worthy of being worn. 
Trucks are very worthy. 
Stripes are not.
 Even if you try to convince him that trucks like stripes. 
And he has to pick his own shoes out. 
I try, but he never likes my choice. 
Ever. 
He still has to wear what we choose when we go to church or somewhere that matching is appropriate, but I guess it doesn't matter when we're just at home. 
I think my soft-spoken, shy little boy may have a growing stubborn streak in him.  


But he has the most hilarious personality that I have a hard time staying frustrated at.
Who wouldn't giggle at this?
I think we'll keep him. 

0 comments: