Don't worry, I'm still here.
As we speak, I'm cuddled up in a blanket deciding if I'd feel better if I just threw up.
Is there anyone left out there that hasn't had the flu yet?
I know some people think I gave it to them...
but I've heard of strangers getting it, so I'm pretty sure it's not my fault.
My whole family has gotten this nasty 24 hour flu.
First Tripper, then Ellie, then Matt...and it didn't stop there.
Anne, Jess, my mom, brother, and total strangers I've met at parties have all successfully gotten it.
I had such a busy weekend...I really didn't have time to get sick.
So I drank my weight in Airborne supplements.
I felt like throwing up after drinking that stuff...the zesty orange flavor is very...zesty.
Now granted I am so bloated I couldn't possibly fit in any of my pants,
but I have managed to keep the awful symptoms at bay.
Until maybe now? I hope I don't actually have anything.
Don't you like my play by play of my questionable flu symptoms?
Lovely.
So...along with the flu, we've been up to a few more things.
halloween,
pumpkin patching,
birthdays,
jewelry,
Tripp venturing out of his crib....sad sigh....
Tripp having his first "big boy bed" night...sadder sigh...
Tripp having his first of many horrific nights of never sleeping....saddest sigh...
Tired parents.
There's a pile in the living room of all the things Tripp loves that have been taken away from him.
He's not getting it.
Why is this so hard?
He's different than Ellie.
She was nightmarish with awful temper tantrums.
We took her to her Grammy's house for a while.
Tripp's not like that, but still draining.
He'll just walk out of his room like he totally doesn't even know it's bedtime.
Walk into Ellie's room saying "Sissy,"
looking at stuff on the carpet in a weird upside down position while giggling to himself.
You know...the usual boy stuff.
We've spanked, threatened, shut his door, spanked some more, yelled, threatened, shut his door.
He just looks at us blankly like nothing phases him, or he'll start giggling again or look at you funny and you accidentally laugh and it totally blows everything you've been trying to tell him.
Yesterday I was telling him not to get out of bed, and he got really close to my face and then tried to kiss me and pick my nose.
Who does that? And who can get that done to them without laughing?!
Draining.
And then this morning, they both piled in our bed saying they were hungry.
It was 5:30.
Stupid time change.
Anyways...I hope you don't get the flu.
Go drink some Airborne and pray your child never learns how to crawl out of the crib.

1 comments:
LOL Rachel. Sounds like a rough week. I can relate for sure! Miss you!
-Brianna
Post a Comment