Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sisterly LOVE

So, along with being determined to pray for Ellie and Tripp and not complain so much about the hard days, I am determined to see their strengths...to focus and nurture those abilities. 




Ellie's sisterly LOVE is definitely on the top of her list!
She just bubbles over with love for everyone. 
She loves deeply and openly.
She is nurturing and oddly motherly towards her brother (who's only 2 years younger than her.)
She's really good at it!
Even when I'm about to lose it, she'll usually be there patting him on the back saying "it's ok Tripperton, just say please." 
Sometimes I feel like she's just absolutely smothering him and he needs a break, but when she's gone, he's incredibly lost without his playmate and best friend. 
It's sweet, and I love realizing how close they are. 
He copies her all the time. 
In little things people wouldn't notice that much. 
Sitting the same way on a chair, 
dancing the same way to a song, 
laughing with the same open mouth, wrinkled nose expression, 
and holding out his hand on walks to "catch" all the bushes as we pass by. 

He's sweet and loving and caring. 
And he has learned so much of that because of his sister.

Now that he's in a big bed, he wakes up at an absurd time in the morning.
Ellie is usually sleeping on the floor next to our bed by that time.
Tripp knocks on the door, 
peeks in,
crawls to the other side of the bed, 
and yells, "Eyyie!!"
and tackles her. 

I try to block out what just happened way too early, 
but Ellie always jumps to her feet, so excited to see her brother and is ready to start her day. 

They have a special bond.  
And Ellie has an amazing God-given ability to love those around her very deeply and sincerely. 

I learn a lot from my little girl.

0 comments: