Sunday, August 29, 2010

Someone's getting bigger!



As we speak, my baby girl is sleeping in her bed...diaper free.
I know!
Crazy!
A few days ago, I was complaining to some friends about how she is SO far from being potty trained at night.
Like...huge diaper and leaks every night.
Out of the blue, she told me she was going to try to wear panties to bed.
"Just to try" she said as she pointed to me like I was in trouble.
That was 4 nights ago, and she hasn't even had one accident.
I feel a little silly for not trying it sooner!

And now I am finally done with one whole potty training experience.
It only took 2 years.
As Ellie says, "Holy Cow!"

And now, I need to get ready for this little rascal to start potty training.

Not for a while though.
I was all "first child...going to be potty trained before she's 2 business."
Crazy mom.

Now I'm thinking more along the lines of just having them potty-trained by kindergarten.
{Just kidding...hopefully it won't take quite that long!}
But that gives me TONS of time and totally takes the pressure off!
We'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

The Sieberts said...

yay Ellie!!!! isn't it amazing if we just let them do it when they're ready its not so stressful! at least we know what to do different the second time around...i think... :o)

Amanda said...

way to go Ellie!