It rained yesterday.
It was SO nice.
It was wonderfully cool outside all day today.
We went on a long walk, played at the park for an hour, cleaned the garage, ate freezy pops, played in the hose, went on a wagon ride, and had a little ice cream social at school!
I had started to feel like we were never going to be able to enjoy the summer again.
Unless you're really into hot sticky nastiness with a tinge of BO every time you step outside.
Lovely.
The nice weather made me remember the last time it rained.
Remember that?
It was early July.
It rained a ton.

See?
That's supposed to be the road we take to get to Matt's parent's house.
We were trying to go to their house so we could go see fireworks for the 4th.
I begged Matt not to try to go through it.
He decided to just see for himself how deep it was.
Then we headed back to try the other road.

But instead he found this lovely, promising road.
It was a shortcut he assured me.
About 10 minutes later, he decided not to take the shortcut.
It must have been too muddy.
I just starred at him.
Duh.
Our sad little Jeep.
I think it aged 5 years.
The poor thing...it can't afford to age that much.

So on we went to the next road.
Definitely not an option either.
It really didn't look that deep, but the current was really fast.
After that, we took the long way to Grammy and Gramps' house and finally arrived....
30 minutes later.
On a trip that usually takes us 2 minutes.
Neato.
But I love how everything is so green and vibrant looking when it rains.
Everything looks new, like you're seeing it for the first time.
I kept sticking my head out the window taking pictures of everything.
Matt's sweet and let me take a million pictures of every hay bail and corn stalk I could set my eyes on.





Living in the country is so pretty.
Even when our roads do get flooded more often.
The beautiful scenery and double rainbows are definitely worth it!


1 comments:
Hahaha! So you're the ones who made those tracks on the 4th?! Hehe, that is the road right next to our house and I remember wondering who in the world tried to go through that mud!! Too funny!
Post a Comment