
Our last day in Colorado, we were able to go home a different way.
On Trail Ridge Road.
It was amazing...and really high...and after a while I decided it would be better if I didn't look down.
We went up so high!
It was breathtaking!
We saw a family of Elk...eating a tarp.
Very natural!
Amanda and I wanted to get a closer picture of them.
This older couple were watching them, and as we got closer to them, he started coaching us on what the Elk look like when they are going to charge you.
"I wouldn't get any closer...when they put their head up, you've startled them, and they'll charge you."
They were just little baby ones, so we weren't very nervous...especially since we were tip-toeing so sneakily.
Then the momma jerked her head up.
We said "AHHHH."
And ran behind Aaron.
He said he would just grab it's leg or something if it got close.
So we braved the scary baby beasts and hid behind Aaron with our cameras on either side of him ready to take the perfect shot as we got closer.
Then they ran away.

These little Marmot things were all over.
They waddled everywhere. It was hilarious to watch.







I never used to be a huge fan of the mountains.
They were pretty, but I never saw them as this amazing breathtaking view of God's majesty.
But this time, I just loved seeing them all.
I don't know what changed, but everywhere you turned there was just the most beautiful view!
It was freezing too.
And everyone was out of breath.
I decided I'm now a big fan of mountains...and oxygen.



This was our view from the top.
We were so high that everything was a little foggy and it looked so majestic and mysterious.
I loved it!
We took the twisty road all the way into Estes Park.
I never realized I get car sick in the mountains, but apparently I do.
Thanks to Amanda and her wonderful Dramamine, I didn't get sick once on the way back.
Thank goodness!
We loved our trip.
And we loved the people we got to go with!
It was so fun getting to know every couple even better.
And I sure do love this wonderful husband!


0 comments:
Post a Comment