Thursday, July 3, 2008

My New Desk!

I have been asking Matt for a long time to make me something really special just for me. Even though he wanted it to be special, I wasn't exactly first on the list since I wasn't paying! He surprised me a few weeks ago and said he had been finding and saving some wood to make me my very own desk! I was so excited! There's a wood company in town that lets the wood tech students "dumpster dive" for wood after they throw away the extra they don't need. Matt found all the wood for my desk in the dumpster pile!! It's so funny to hear him say he's going dumpster diving again. After he got enough for my desk, he started and was done in a week! I just told him a little bit about what I wanted it to look like, and he went from there. It's just perfect! The pictures don't do it justice. It's made out of mahogany. I hadn't ever seen anything made out of that kind of wood, but I love it.

The panelling on the sides is my favorite part.



He made my favorite edge too. It has a wide edge that slightly tapers down. I'm sure there's a name for it, but I don't know what it is!

0 comments: