Friday, September 21, 2012

The inside {our house}

We have been fixing our new house for quite a few months.
And I say "we" very loosely.
I'm awesome at organizing.
Not so much demolition and restoration.
But I tried to be as helpful as I could.
I did find out I'm probably the slowest painter in the world.
But, with all that said, we're finally moved in!
I am absolutely astounded by what my husband has done.
He is one talented man!
And he does things the right way.
I'm more of a "get it done quick, don't understand long term stability" kind of person. 
He's not like that.
And I'm really glad.
I love that everything is done, and done well.
He's a super hard worker and I am so proud of what he's done!
We also had help.
A lot of it!
Thank you family and friends for staying up late, getting really dusty, killing rats for us and leaving them as presents on the porch {hannah}, supporting us when we felt like it was never going to end, and working SO hard with us!
We still have finishing touches to do, but the big stuff is done.
It's liveable and I love it!
Here's a look at what the house used to look like before Matt got ahold of it!

 {back entrance...which apparently in the country is the only acceptable door to use, I've found out!}
Through the back door, you go into the mudroom/laundry room.
There's a small bathroom on your left, and a door to get to the scary, really old basement. 
I keep that door shut at all times :)

 Kitchen looking in from the mudroom. 
The kitchen and upstairs was the original homestead built in 1900.
The rest was added on in the 60s/70s.
Can you tell?!




 {Dining room looking in from kitchen.}
 {Dining room}
{Dining Room}
Commercial break:
Everything that is wood floors was covered in REALLY old carpet. 
The family had rented out the house for several years. 
And there were many animals and many pet stains involved over those years. 
After we took the carpet out, there were pet stains everywhere! 
So stinky! 
We were afraid they wouldn't even be fixable when we redid the floors...
But, my husbands awesome. 

 {Living Room looking in from dining room}

 {Living Room}

 {Living room...with a peek into the dining room...and the apparently never used front door}

 {Little hallway off dining room}

 {Hallway leads to stairs...}

 {And retro bathroom}
 {Retro bathroom}
 {retro bathroom...the teal was kind of cheery and cute, but it was plastic, and some were chipped. We opted for a clean bathroom and no teal plastic!}
 {Master bedroom off hallway}

 {Webb's bedroom upstairs}

 {Ellie and Tripp's bedroom upstairs}

So that's the inside when we first bought it. 
It needed a little pick-me-up.
Thankfully we could look past the crazy orange floor, stains, wallpaper, and dirty plastic tile. 
After I take some pictures, I'll show you what it looks like now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this house! I can't wait to see what Matt has done to it. How exciting.

The Sieberts said...

oh! please post tomorrow! i can't wait to see :)

Toni :O) said...

Way exciting, can't wait to see the after photos! Definitely can tell the house has great bones.

Amy said...

Well, that's just mean. Here I was all excited to see the After pictures!