Here it is!
{I took better pictures with my nice camera and could not for life of me get them to download! So...these are from my iphone and some are a little blurry :( }
The laundry room...and Ruxin.
He protects the laundry room quite well :)
{Kitchen Before}
{Kitchen After}
*The only thing we did in the kitchen/laundry room was painting. We're planning on redoing the kitchen/laundry room in the next few years. Even just the paint has made a huge difference! It's old, but I honestly don't mind! It'll look nice when it's new, but it's kind of fun to have a retro kitchen mixed in with all the new. And I can't complain about all that old school storage space!
{Dining Room Before}
{Dining Room After}
*The dining room has been a great place to hang out. You can see in to all the other rooms from there and still sit and eat. That makes it a little easier to keep all those little kiddo crumbs in one place! And the highchair/measuring stick nook is one of my favorite walls. I found a measuring stick picture on pinterest and Matt saw it one day. He said he could make one even better than that. I said "Oh." A few days later, this arrived at my house :) It's over 7 feet tall! Apparently he's hoping for giant children! I love all the unique things he can whip up so easily! It's made out of old bleacher wood from the high school we went to. I'm so glad I finally have a place to show it off!
{Living room Before}
{Living Room After}
{Hallway Before}
{Hallway After}
{Stairs Before}
*The ceiling was so low that Matt had to duck his head the entire way up. But they were surprisingly wide, so we thankfully didn't need to change that.
{Stairs After}
*He fixed that problem! He took the ceiling out and moved it back into the attic (which is above the hallway/living room area). It opens it up so much and makes it look incredibly updated too. And now those giant kids he's hoping to have will for sure fit up the stairs!
{Bathroom Before}
{Bathroom After}
*Another of my favorite things...the double sink. This is the main bathroom for all 5 of us. It sure helps to be able to spread out! Matt made the vanity and shelves. Doors coming soon :)
{Master Before}
{Master After}
{Webb's room before}
{Webb's room after}
*We obviously haven't done much unpacking in here!! Since he doesn't need much right now, it's been kind of the catch-all room. We put new carpet in and painted, but his room is still plaster and lathe. It's not a huge deal, so we decided it'd be easier to leave alone.
{Big kids room before}
{Big kids room after}
*We completely redid this room. New windows, drywall, carpet, ceiling...the whole sha-bang. It's really big and easily fits both of them with room to play...even though they still bring all their toys downstairs so they can play where the people are! :) Do all kids do that? When Webb is in a big bed, he'll come in here with Tripp and Ellie will go to the smaller room and have her own little girly space.
{New wood floor}
*This is definitely another one of my favorites! We were so excited to find out there were wood floors underneath all that carpet! What a treasure! Matt had said we would need to stain it a dark color to cover up the pet stains. I have had a certain stain {"special walnut" for any stain buffs out there!} in mind for years and was waiting patiently to use it someday! Thankfully it was dark enough. It's darker and deeper looking than the picture shows. It's the same color as the cedar chest in the big kids room. I love walking in and seeing it all over!!*I used the same paint color everywhere. It took quite a while to find what I had in my head. I really wanted a light neutral that would be a good backdrop for any type of color and decor I wanted to use down the road. And I love gray. Come to find out, gray is absurdly hard to find...so many different undertones! I finally found exactly what I wanted from Benjamin Moore. Thank you, Mr. Moore. It's called Revere Pewter. The most perfect mix of gray and beige with no blue, purple, or green undertone. Perfect I tell you!! It changes with the light too, so it looks a little different in different rooms which is fun. I got it color matched from Sherwin Williams at 50% intensity (made it lighter). Thank you Mr. Williams...your sales made it much cheaper!
So there you have it!
We're officially moved!
There's some more things to do.
But the big stuff is done...stairs, electricity, bathroom pipes...all the expensive stuff no one sees that can potentially blow the house up if you don't fix.
It's nice to know we're safe!
For now, we're just happy to be here.
We'll get to the next few things in a while...after a nice long break :)
Hope you like it as much as we do!!



























5 comments:
It looks awewsome!!!! I am jealous of all that cabinet space, retro or not! We are planning to redo our kitchen and laundry room in the next few years also, but I absolutely despise remodeling. I don't handle the chaos very well. Congrats on your new home. It's beautiful!
Sarah @ This Farm Family's lIfe
yay! i'll bet it feels good to be mostly finished! :) looks great!
Wow, that looks amazing so far! Old farmhouses are the best. Enjoy your new cozy place.
That is beautiful!!!! Well done and enjoy your break!
Congrats!!! The wood floors are gorgeous! I know you will make lots of sweet memories in this wonderful house :)
Post a Comment