Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ellie Says {Branson Edition}

We Just got back from a family vacation to Branson. 
I managed to take zero pictures...but that's what family is for. 
Thankfully they got TONS of great shots and I got to spend all my time soaking up the sun, watching my babies enjoy themselves, and have a fabulous time!

So until the pictures come, I'll have to make due with some "Ellie Says."
I really just need to start carrying around a quote book. 
There are so many funny things she says that I don't want to forget. 

These were some conversations she had with KaLisa (a family friend) while on the boat, and then retold to me.... I really wish I would have been there!

Kalisa! What's that tree doing in the water? 

It just grew in the water that way. 

Why isn't it green?

It's dead.

Did it drown? 

I don't think so, but maybe.

Oh. Did another tree push it in?

{She said it all very straight faced and serious. We're learning about needing floaties still even though we "think" we can swim. Fearless children are quite worrisome! So drowning is a main topic...even among trees!}

**********************

Kalisa! What are all those balls doing in the water?

Those aren't balls they're called buoys.

They threw boobies in the water?
{Look of sheer terror on her face}

No, not boobies, BUO-YS.

Oh. BUO-YS.
{said really slowly and drawn out}

Later on...talking to someone else...

Look, there's some more BUO-YS in the water. 

**********************

Oh the things kids say!

0 comments: