I forgot how incredibly exhausting it is to be pregnant.
Did I actually feel this bad last time?
I can't even remember!
How can I be this big already?!
I'm just sure it must be twins.
And the excitement!
Oh how fun to have a little baby again...
I hope I don't forget it anywhere...how in the world do people manage three kids?
And where does it go when I'm getting groceries?
We are all SO excited about this new little baby!
We got to tell Ellie when I was about 7 weeks along.
We told her it was her job to tell our family.
{then we went through WHO was family...she did pretty good at keeping her secret!}
So over the next few days, we got to tell our surprise, via our incredibly excited daughter.
When I told her there was a baby in my tummy, she was so excited and then said,
"Oh, I get it, that's why your tummy looks like that."
How rude.
If she was any older I'd bop her.
Instead I giggled and told her that was because of already having babies and liking chocolate too much.
Poo on six packs. I guess I should have taken a picture...if I had only known.
I was that retarded pregnant lady that took her normal pants to the hospital with her thinking they would fit.
Ok...so now that we've established I no longer have a six pack thanks to Ellie, on with the story...
Ellie continued to blurt out to every family member about the baby in my tummy and could hardly contain her excitement.
She only slipped with a few people, and always asked politely {right in front of them} if she could tell about the you know what in your tummy.
Smooth, Ellie. Smooth.
But it was definitely the best, and most fun way to tell.
We love that she's so excited about her new sibling....preferably a sister.
We'll work on that.
Tripp is pretty clueless.
He acts excited and runs around kissing imaginary babies in his hand and sweetly asks me if "baby, tummy, hurt" when I lay in bed in the morning.
Talk about sweet little boys and feeling guilty.
I'm very grateful for Matt.
He's understanding, helps out when he can, and smiles sweetly when I try to sneak in the starburst bag I bought because I saw a commercial and couldn't think about anything else until I could eat some.
I get overly emotional and worry about EVERYTHING when I'm pregnant.
It's worse this time.
And I'm always so thankful for Matt when my crazy emotions start getting the better of me.
And that mostly end in sobbing.
Before our appointment I was so nervous something was wrong that I couldn't even concentrate sometimes.
I would ask if he thought everything was ok still and he would say, "probably not. I'm sure it has a horn or something...or maybe it's half alien."
So helpful, I know.
But it would always make me step back and realize my worrying wasn't helping at all.
And now we know the baby is fine, and I will be working on going to the Lord with my worries...which happens to be a lot lately.
Our days have been quite irregular since the beginning of May.
I don't remember being this sick with Ellie or Tripp.
And I definitely have quite a few days of feeling guilty over not spending enough time with them.
Netflix has taken over their life.
I feel like I'm continually in slow motion.
So overwhelmed with simple house work...it never gets done and finished.
I do get overly excited about doing normal things like: blow drying my hair, putting actual clothes on {not pj's}, bathing the kids, folding the laundry...you know....the incredibly normal, you should be doing those things anyways, things.
And I'm always quick to tell Matt how clean that one little area is {I just have to shut my eyes when I walk into the other rooms}
I'm glad I know I'm not always this bad at my job.
I just have to keep reminding myself that...'cause I'm sure it's true.
And I don't even want to talk about food.
So, that's my wordy version of what we've been up to.
With a few park pictures thrown in for your viewing pleasure.
I think I'll start giving you a weekly update on all things pregnancy...how I'm feeling, what I look like, how much I weigh, what I'm craving...
doesn't that sound fun?!
Just kidding...I have my hands full trying to remember which week I'm on!
But I will let you know when it "pops out" as Ellie says.
Oh...and if anyone really does know where to put that third baby in the grocery cart, please share.
Tripp's still in there.
I remember being overwhelmed with where to put Ellie, but really, come on...it's the seat right in front of your face...just breath new parent...just breath.
But I think three kids if fair to freak out about.
Tripp steps on all the food when I put him in the big section...on purpose.
I'm probably known as that crazy lady that puts the squished bread back.






4 comments:
I know where to put the baby when you shop - Grandma's house! Or drop the sweet little thing at Miss Debby's house if they are too busy!
You just need the ginormous cart at Wal-Mart with the 2 seats for Ellie and Tripp. Then the baby goes in front of you and groceries in the big part. Or... you just wait to grocery shop until Matt gets home. That's always been my preference. :)
Get yourself a sling, girl. An essential piece of kit for busy mommies. Check out www.thebabywearer.com. Its very overwhelming at first and there's alot of crazies over there lots of information too. A stretchy wrap (http://www.theslingstation.com/moby.html) is fab for newborns, and you can put it on before you put the baby in, which is good for a beginner. Otherwise, something like an Beco is great, easy on, easy off, baby is out of the way of big brother's hands and squished bread http://www.becobabycarrier.com/
Congratulations by the way :-)
Congrats Rachel! I completely understand the being exhausted, too! I'm actually pregnant with twins, due January 7. I never knew what exhaustion was until this pregnancy! And I always thought I was tired with Noah and Jasper. Good luck and congrats again!
Post a Comment