Thursday, September 2, 2010

Poor Locust

My kiddos are crazy!
First of all, their outfits leave a little to be desired.
Tripp still can't keep his pants on.
So when he doesn't have a shirt on, they REALLY fall off easily!
I found a pair laying outside one day when I was cleaning up.
He just walked right out of them.
Ellie enjoys picking clothes out herself.
I don't really care when we're just at home.
This day, she had picked a cute swimsuit cover up complete with three buttons.
That's it.

They like to play kitchen outside together making dinner out of dirt and sticks.
Sometimes even rocks.
What a treat!
On this special day, I ran out to a screaming Ellie hoping nothing terrible had happened.
In her opinion it was terrible.

Meet our poor little locust friend.

They were so intrigued and definitely wouldn't believe me that is was dead.
So they began the process of killing the already dead bug.

They spooned and forked it a few times.

Squished it under a bag.

Investigated their work.

And showed me their handiwork so I could see if it was dead yet.
I told them again, I was sure it was.

So they investigated further.

Tripp was so concerned and bouncing around the whole time.
He looked absolutely hilarious.

They then decided Mr. Locust would make the perfect addition to their homemade lasagna.
YUM.
Tripper even has it on a fork.
I'm just glad he never tried to eat it.

Please tell me your kids do things like this!
And maybe even have pink chalk and dirt all over their bodies?

4 comments:

Julie said...

Umm, my child would fit right in if buts, dirt, sticks, rocks, and minimal clothing are involved. :-)

You are so funny!!!

Julie said...

oops . . .I meant "bugs".

Natalie said...

funny and cute :) more power to them, i hate those creepy things... they are everywhere! one got in the house and kept flying into the wall! icky

Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable. Have you ever entered Tripp in a cute baby photo contest? I am sure he would win!