Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I would love to show you lots of pictures!

I would love to have a fabulous story to tell you!
And don't worry...
Just because I haven't posted anymore "Ellie Says Quotes"
Does not mean she has stopped talking.
She hasn't.

Can I just insert the lovely Ellie Word of the Year here...

WHY?

Is that a good enough quote of the day?
It really would suffice the whole entire year.
And maybe the next.
Why?
I have no idea.
I tell her the answer, but that's never good enough.
Sometimes I say "I don't know"...because I really didn't know.
That makes her mad.
So I resorted to saying "I don't care."
She pondered that longer which gave me room to escape more questions.
But then Matt caught me saying it once and told me to stop.
He obviously doesn't deal with the "WHY" question as much as me.
Big bummer.

I'd love to tell more...
We really have been up to a few things around here.
I just haven't really been in a writing mood.
Maybe it's because it's so hot.
I bet that's it.

Now we're off to the Berean Warrior Park.
If you say it really really fast with a sparkle in your eye while jumping up and down, you'll be just like Ellie!
Peace Out...
(That's another "Ellie Says" for you!)
She learned it from her father.

3 comments:

The Boccias said...

Funny! It made me laugh that you started saying "I don't care." Love it. Sophie says "why not?" instead of why and it drives me nuts. Probably double nuts because she's basically asking "why" all the time but not even correctly...had fun seeing you on Sat!

Amanda said...

so - not only are you open, honest and blunt with others - but your kids too - that's just great Rachel, just great. :-)

Mason's word is "because" - I ask him why he did anything - that's how he answers. I ask him why I sent him to time out - he says "because". It kind of makes me laugh that he learned that.

Country Girl said...

I say 'I don't care" to Lillie sometimes, and she'll say "That's not very nice to say". It's so funny. And you little Ellie is so cute! So outgoing!