Wednesday, June 23, 2010

changes

There's been a few changes over here in the last couple weeks.
Good changes, which is even better.

First off, this little guy is no longer part of the family.


It's a little bittersweet.
We made Ellie stop using her pacifier when she was 9 months old.
I have no idea why.
Something about her teeth and still needing it when she was 3?
Something like that.
In other words...retarded first time parents.
Maybe that's too harsh...
We were just very concerned about all the little things I don't even notice with 2 kids!
I loved Ellie having a pacifier.
She was so cute with it in her mouth.
And I missed her having one after we got rid of it.
A few weeks after we took it away , I tried to give it back to her, but she wouldn't take it.
So sad.

And that's why Tripp is 18 months and just getting rid of his.
I liked it.
It made him happy, calm, and plugged his screaming when I didn't want to hear it.
Quite a nice invention if you ask me!
But one day, he just stopped using it.
So that's that...no more pacifier.

Next change on the list...

Mr. Big Boy Seat Tripperton.
He's wanting to do more and more just like Ellie.
He watches her all the time and tries everything she does.
He's so wiggly when he's not in his high chair...'cause he's 18 months!
But it's so funny to watch him try to eat at the table.
He can barely see over the edge!
And I'm sorry about the pink fork AND pink bib.
That's what happens when you have a girl first.
He doesn't seem to care yet.


And the last, very exciting change is....drum roll please....

We now have FASTER internet and NETFLIX!!!
Woo!
Isn't that cool?!
I do love it so.
Before you can even blink, your internet page is up! Wow!
My husband is so amazing he even got out of our old internet contract without having to pay a dime! Amazing!
And, with fast internet, we are able to watch movies...on our computer!
Extra neato!
The kids have been enjoying this new little treat too.

They have been able to watch their favorite shows whenever they want.
It's like having cable...for $10!!
I guess I'll have to make up new rules for when they can watch...
But for now, it's just cute to see them sit together and hang out watching something special.

1 comments:

Country Girl said...

Yay, for netflix and fast internet!!!